Mapped Drive problem

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 6, 2005 5:28:26 PM

I am having problems with my Window XP clients mapping to the FULL path of a
network drive. Here is my set up:

Windows 2003 Domain
Windows XP workstations
Active Directory Users and Computers / Profiles Tab / Home Folder P:
\\servername\users$\username

Here is my problem:

When a user who is using Window XP, signs onto their workstation, their
drive mapping only connects to P: \\servername\user$
I want it to connect to the full path which is P:
\\servername\users$\username

I looked at their Home Folder path within AD Users and Computers and
everything looks correct. I have the full path listed for their mapped
drive. I cannot figure out why it connects only so far as the hidden share
directory, users$. They have to select their user folder out of 100's of
user folders because their mapped drive doesn't connect to the full path.
Our Windows 2000 computers do not have this problem.

Can anyone help me figure this out? Is it a bug? I am using Windows XP
with Service Pack 2 and no firewall turned on.

Thanks

More about : mapped drive problem

Anonymous
September 6, 2005 5:28:27 PM

Just for curiosity, does it map it correctly after you map it once
manually ? have you tried it (ie unmap and map manually, then logoff
and log back on) ?
!