Multiple profiles - broadband access

October 6, 2004 4:29:02 PM

Hi,
We have two user profiles on our home PC. We have installed wireless
broadband internet access onto one profile, but cannot access it from the
second profile - please can someone explain how we can both access the
internet from our own profiles?
Thanks
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 9:16:51 PM

Hello Jen,

If the second account is a "Limited" account you will have to temporarily
change it to an admin account, install/set up the wireless access, then you
can change it back.
Michael Ortega

"Jen" <Jen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> We have two user profiles on our home PC. We have installed wireless
> broadband internet access onto one profile, but cannot access it from the
> second profile - please can someone explain how we can both access the
> internet from our own profiles?
> Thanks
October 7, 2004 4:37:01 AM

Both accounts are admin accounts - it looks like the disks are already
installed but there are no icons / menus to access the internet - when we try
using the old freeserve link we get an error message saying that access is
denied.
The blueyonder helpdesk said it is possible to set up on two accounts, but
they don't support it themselves so we'd have to figure it out for
ourselves...

"Michael Ortega" wrote:

> Hello Jen,
>
> If the second account is a "Limited" account you will have to temporarily
> change it to an admin account, install/set up the wireless access, then you
> can change it back.
> Michael Ortega
>
> "Jen" <Jen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > We have two user profiles on our home PC. We have installed wireless
> > broadband internet access onto one profile, but cannot access it from the
> > second profile - please can someone explain how we can both access the
> > internet from our own profiles?
> > Thanks

October 7, 2004 1:38:58 PM

Hello Jen,

Technically its still one account since you are still on the same computer
:-p If you were to call them again don't inform them of the other account,
they gave you a "Oh this is not my problem any more hahahahahaha" response.
Have you gone through every step up did with the first account. I would tend
the believe that all the setting that were made are user specific and would
have to be set up the same way for each other account on the computer. By
"Wireless Broadband" do you mean that the modem the company gave you is
wireless or they connected it to a router? What kind of broadband is it?
Cable or DSL?

> Both accounts are admin accounts - it looks like the disks are already
> installed but there are no icons / menus to access the internet - when we
> try
> using the old freeserve link we get an error message saying that access is
> denied.
> The blueyonder helpdesk said it is possible to set up on two accounts, but
> they don't support it themselves so we'd have to figure it out for
> ourselves...
>

> "Michael Ortega" wrote:
>
>> Hello Jen,
>>
>> If the second account is a "Limited" account you will have to temporarily
>> change it to an admin account, install/set up the wireless access, then
>> you
>> can change it back.
>> --
>> Michael Ortega
>>
>> "Jen" <Jen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > We have two user profiles on our home PC. We have installed wireless
>> > broadband internet access onto one profile, but cannot access it from
>> > the
>> > second profile - please can someone explain how we can both access the
>> > internet from our own profiles?
>> > Thanks

October 8, 2004 7:39:07 AM

It goes through the cable TV set-top box, with a thingumy that plugs into the
USB port on the processor. It's Blueyonder, through Telewest.
Jen

"Michael Ortega" wrote:

> Hello Jen,
>
> Technically its still one account since you are still on the same computer
> :-p If you were to call them again don't inform them of the other account,
> they gave you a "Oh this is not my problem any more hahahahahaha" response.
> Have you gone through every step up did with the first account. I would tend
> the believe that all the setting that were made are user specific and would
> have to be set up the same way for each other account on the computer. By
> "Wireless Broadband" do you mean that the modem the company gave you is
> wireless or they connected it to a router? What kind of broadband is it?
> Cable or DSL?
> Michael Ortega
>
> "Jen" <Jen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Both accounts are admin accounts - it looks like the disks are already
> > installed but there are no icons / menus to access the internet - when we
> > try
> > using the old freeserve link we get an error message saying that access is
> > denied.
> > The blueyonder helpdesk said it is possible to set up on two accounts, but
> > they don't support it themselves so we'd have to figure it out for
> > ourselves...
> >

> > "Michael Ortega" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello Jen,
> >>
> >> If the second account is a "Limited" account you will have to temporarily
> >> change it to an admin account, install/set up the wireless access, then
> >> you
> >> can change it back.
> >> --
> >> Michael Ortega
> >>
> >> "Jen" <Jen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
October 9, 2004 5:55:00 AM

Hello Again Jen,

I assume that you have tried installing the software on the second account?
When you use the software on the first account what does it do? Do you have
to enter in a user name and password, or just bring up the software and it
connects? Perhaps the drivers still need to be installed for the second
account, after you log in unplug the modem from the USB port, wait a few
seconds and then plug it back in, you should hear a sound, and see it start
installing(little icon in the bottom right)

!