Moving the Uninstall Directories

Hello. I have a C and D partition on a Windows 2000 server. The C partition
is almost full. Can I move the hidden folders in C:\WINNT\ that start with
$nt**********$ to the D drive? What are the repercussions of doing this? Is
it safe to do this? Thanks.

Not recommended. You'll no longer be able to boot into recovery console and
uninstall those patches simply by running a batch file, and you won't be able
to uninstall in Add/Remove control panel either.. There are workarounds, but
it's typically best to simply keep the uninstall directories around,
untouched.