just installed iis on win 2000

ms

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

Hello,

I just installed IIS on windows 2000

It says the documentation is at http://localhost/iisHelp/

This doesn't work on my machine

I managed to 'restart' iis

I don't know what to do next to make my computer available to the Internet
as a web server.

Any help would be appreciated, or a pointer to some clear guide on how to do
it.

Thanks.

Scott Baxter

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

Microsoft's getting started:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/iis/default.asp?url=/windows2000/en/server/iis/default.htm

"MS" <info@websearchstore.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I just installed IIS on windows 2000
>
> It says the documentation is at http://localhost/iisHelp/
>
> This doesn't work on my machine
>
> I managed to 'restart' iis
>
> I don't know what to do next to make my computer available to the Internet
> as a web server.
>
> Any help would be appreciated, or a pointer to some clear guide on how to
> do it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Scott Baxter

ms

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

Thanks for this info. I'm checking it out.

Scott Baxter