run asp pages on win 2000 pro?

ms

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

Hello,

I got IIS to work on Win 2000 so that I can show .htm pages in my wwwroot
directory on the web. But .asp pages don't work.

Is there something in Win 2000 I can turn on to do this, or do I need Win
2000 server to do that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Scott Baxter

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

ASP pages should work out-of-the-box on Windows 2000 Pro and IIS 5.0

When you say "the .asp pages don't work", what do you mean? Are you getting
errors? What are they? Do you get nothing? Do you get something but not what
you expect?

Cheers
Ken

--
IIS Blog: www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/
Web: www.adopenstatic.com

"MS" <info@websearchstore.com> wrote in message
: Hello,
:
: I got IIS to work on Win 2000 so that I can show .htm pages in my wwwroot
: directory on the web. But .asp pages don't work.
:
: Is there something in Win 2000 I can turn on to do this, or do I need Win
: 2000 server to do that?
:
: Any help would be appreciated.
:
: Thanks.
:
: Scott Baxter
:
:

ms

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

Hello Ken,

Thanks for the help. I get
The page cannot be found
Can't figure out what to change. Maybe I'll experiment with some simple
..asp pages.

Thanks.

Scott
"Ken Schaefer" <kenREMOVE@THISadOpenStatic.com> wrote in message
> ASP pages should work out-of-the-box on Windows 2000 Pro and IIS 5.0
>
> When you say "the .asp pages don't work", what do you mean? Are you
> getting
> errors? What are they? Do you get nothing? Do you get something but not
> what
> you expect?
>
> Cheers
> Ken
>
> --
> IIS Blog: www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/
> Web: www.adopenstatic.com
>

> "MS" <info@websearchstore.com> wrote in message
> : Hello,
> :
> : I got IIS to work on Win 2000 so that I can show .htm pages in my
> wwwroot
> : directory on the web. But .asp pages don't work.
> :
> : Is there something in Win 2000 I can turn on to do this, or do I need
> Win
> : 2000 server to do that?
> :
> : Any help would be appreciated.
> :
> : Thanks.
> :
> : Scott Baxter
> :
> :

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

Can you check the IIS Logfile located in c:\winnt\system32\logfiles\w3svc1
to see if the requests are actually getting through? Maybe they are being
blocked by URLScan or similar.

Cheers
Ken

--
IIS Blog: www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/
Web: www.adopenstatic.com

"MS" <info@websearchstore.com> wrote in message
: Hello Ken,
:
: Thanks for the help. I get
: The page cannot be found
: Can't figure out what to change. Maybe I'll experiment with some simple
: .asp pages.
:
: Thanks.
:
: Scott
: "Ken Schaefer" <kenREMOVE@THISadOpenStatic.com> wrote in message
: news:eHWNpmBtFHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
: > ASP pages should work out-of-the-box on Windows 2000 Pro and IIS 5.0
: >
: > When you say "the .asp pages don't work", what do you mean? Are you
: > getting
: > errors? What are they? Do you get nothing? Do you get something but not
: > what
: > you expect?
: >
: > Cheers
: > Ken
: >
: > --
: > IIS Blog: www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/
: > Web: www.adopenstatic.com
: >
: >
: > "MS" <info@websearchstore.com> wrote in message
: > news:uILq2VBtFHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
: > : Hello,
: > :
[...]

Ken,

I don't see anything in the log when I click on any .asp file link. How do
I check the URLScan?

> Can you check the IIS Logfile located in c:\winnt\system32\logfiles\w3svc1
> to see if the requests are actually getting through? Maybe they are being
> blocked by URLScan or similar.
>
> Cheers
> Ken
>
> --
> IIS Blog: www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/
> Web: www.adopenstatic.com
>

> "MS" <info@websearchstore.com> wrote in message
> : Hello Ken,
> :
> : Thanks for the help. I get
> : The page cannot be found
> : Can't figure out what to change. Maybe I'll experiment with some simple
> : .asp pages.
> :
> : Thanks.
> :
> : Scott
> : "Ken Schaefer" <kenREMOVE@THISadOpenStatic.com> wrote in message
> : news:eHWNpmBtFHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> : > ASP pages should work out-of-the-box on Windows 2000 Pro and IIS 5.0
> : >
> : > When you say "the .asp pages don't work", what do you mean? Are you
> : > getting
> : > errors? What are they? Do you get nothing? Do you get something but
> not
> : > what
> : > you expect?
> : >
> : > Cheers
> : > Ken
> : >
> : > --
> : > IIS Blog: www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/
> : > Web: www.adopenstatic.com
> : >
> : >
> : > "MS" <info@websearchstore.com> wrote in message
> : > news:uILq2VBtFHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> : > : Hello,
> : > :
> : > : I got IIS to work on Win 2000 so that I can show .htm pages in my
> : > wwwroot
> : > : directory on the web. But .asp pages don't work.
> : > :
> : > : Is there something in Win 2000 I can turn on to do this, or do I
> need
> : > Win
> : > : 2000 server to do that?
> : > :
> : > : Any help would be appreciated.
> : > :
> : > : Thanks.
> : > :
> : > : Scott Baxter
> : > :
> : > :
> : >
> : >
> :
> :

ms

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

Hello,

My .asp web pages won't display in the web site I am hosting. I get http:
500 100, some kind of .asp error.

I turned on the error messages in the computer i'm attempting to host on,
and got this error in the global.asa

<OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Session ID=MyInfo PROGID="MSWC.MyInfo">
</OBJECT>

error:

Invalid Progid attribute

The object has an invalid ProgID of 'MSWC.Myinfo'

> [...]
>> : > :
>> : > : Is there something in Win 2000 I can turn on to do this, or do I
>> need
>> : > Win
>> : > : 2000 server to do that?
>> : > :
>> : > : Any help would be appreciated.
>> : > :
>> : > : Thanks.
>> : > :
>> : > : Scott Baxter
>> : > :
>> : > :
>> : >
>> : >
>> :
>> :

ms

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

I just switched to Windows XP Pro, with IIS, and all my ASP pages are
working now.

Thanks for the help!!

Scott Baxter