Sunrocket VOIP call problems.

Last response: in Networking
September 8, 2005 10:30:07 PM

For the last 2 days there have been times when I try to make a call via
SunRocket service and it doesn't go through. In all case's I was able to
make the call via POTS. Likewise using the same POTS when I can't call out
I try calling my SR phone number. I get an 'all circuits busy' signal.

Hope this is just growing pains cause I otherwise like the service
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 12:02:22 AM

Bob: I'm having the same problem tonight on September 8th. I get a
'regular' busy signal about 3.5499 microseconds after I dial the last
digit. I kept trying at eventually I got through (after maybe 20
mins), so I'm thinking it is a capacity problem. I hope your are right
and this is growing pains. -Matt Johnson

Bob Alan wrote:
> For the last 2 days there have been times when I try to make a call via
> SunRocket service and it doesn't go through. In all case's I was able to
> make the call via POTS. Likewise using the same POTS when I can't call out
> I try calling my SR phone number. I get an 'all circuits busy' signal.
>
> Hope this is just growing pains cause I otherwise like the service
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 4:52:39 PM

Sunrocket problems continuing... I received this today

Date: September 9, 2005 12:05:29 PM CDT

SunRocket is currently experiencing a significant network disruption.
This means that you may not be able to receive or make calls from your
SunRocket phone until this issue is resolved. Please maintain an
alternative means of contacting Emergency Service should you need it
while our service is down.

We are doing everything we can to isolate the problem and restore
service. As soon as we know more we will send you an update. We will
also post any additional details on the My Home page of the Member
Account Manager.

We understand that this situation causes tremendous inconvenience to
you, and we sincerely apologize for the interruption of service.

Sincerely,

Kevin Bennis
Chief Executive Officer
SunRocket, Inc.
September 10, 2005 12:09:55 AM

Yes I got the same msg. I sure wish they had a network status page so we
could track what's going wrong.

I just sent the following

Date: September 9, 2005 12:05:29 PM CDT

SunRocket is currently experiencing a significant network disruption.
This means that you may not be able to receive or make calls from your
SunRocket phone until this issue is resolved. Please maintain an
alternative means of contacting Emergency Service should you need it
while our service is down.

We are doing everything we can to isolate the problem and restore
service. As soon as we know more we will send you an update. We will
also post any additional details on the My Home page of the Member
Account Manager.

We understand that this situation causes tremendous inconvenience to
you, and we sincerely apologize for the interruption of service.

Sincerely,

Kevin Bennis
Chief Executive Officer
SunRocket, Inc.
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 8:08:24 AM

Bob Alan <t5@soalex.us> wrote:
> Yes I got the same msg. I sure wish they had a network status page so we
> could track what's going wrong.

Boy, you guys obviously haven't had the Broadvoice experience.
At least SunRocket had the balls and courtesy to come right out and
admit they were having big problems. Broadvoice just buries their head
in the sand, doesn't answer their phones, and doesn't even resolve the
problems even after months!
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 3:45:35 AM

As of Saturday, Sept 10th, I'm back up. I did have to power-cycle and
it seems to be working again so far. -Matt
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 3:48:38 AM

You are right, knowing is better then not knowing. I respect them for
that. I also suspect that the problems are coming from overselling the
service beyond their capacity. An easy thing to do if you are on your
way to success. -Matt
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 9:03:12 AM

After multiple recurring and unsolved issues for the past eight weeks,
I've finally decided to terminate service with SunRocket.

As I live in the Washington, DC metro area and the NOC is in Northern
Virginia I chose to use them.

Great pricing, and the service was very reliable UNTIL I ported my two
home phones.

Service has been horrible...

Continuing echo problems (and their incessant requests for a QoS report
with no resolution) and this final network meltdown was just too much.

I've switched to Packet8 as I could quickly purchase their VOIP router
at my local CompUSA, got a mail-in rebate for zero cost on this item,
first month free and no activation.

$19.99 month-to-month.

Although their NOC is in California, I've experienced NO latency issues
and all calls have been flawless.

Please note that ALL the major VOIP carriers charge the Federal
regulatory fee - how does SunRocket get around this? Just pay it
themselves or is there something fishy here?

In short, SunRocket is a joke and prospective customers need this
information to make an INFORMED decision!

Now, how long to port my home phone numbers FROM SunRocket and to my
new provider?

I will do my best to "encourage" SunRocket to do so as quickly as they
can!

MattJhsn wrote:
> You are right, knowing is better then not knowing. I respect them for
> that. I also suspect that the problems are coming from overselling the
> service beyond their capacity. An easy thing to do if you are on your
> way to success. -Matt
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 3:27:05 AM

Does anyone know of a voip provider that provides system status web page and
that keeps it current.

My frustration with SR wouldn't be so bad if I knew what they were doing.
Yesterday I had almost no service, today it seemed up 50%.

MattJhsn wrote:
> You are right, knowing is better then not knowing. I respect them for
> that. I also suspect that the problems are coming from overselling the
> service beyond their capacity. An easy thing to do if you are on your
> way to success. -Matt
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 2:36:12 PM

Bob Alan wrote:
> Does anyone know of a voip provider that provides system status web page and
> that keeps it current.
>
> My frustration with SR wouldn't be so bad if I knew what they were doing.
> Yesterday I had almost no service, today it seemed up 50%.

This seems like a bump in the road to me. Every VoIP provider will
have issues as it grows. None of them are perfect yet. I've been
happy with my SR service, especially with the money I'm saving and am
definitely willing to see them through this.
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 11:01:09 PM

I agree, with the exception of this past situation, I have had no
problems with my service. We have to remember we are dealing with
internet phone and not land lines, so I would think some problems are
going to occur.. This is still a fairly new market. I think people are
too quick to jump ship on this one.

At least for me I have only had this one problem since signing up for
them. I have had friends who were with packet8 and had the same type
of problem more frequently, also friends who have had some of the
other services had problems at times as well. just food for thought
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 12:17:15 PM

adabristian wrote:
> I agree, with the exception of this past situation, I have had no
> problems with my service. We have to remember we are dealing with
> internet phone and not land lines, so I would think some problems are
> going to occur.. This is still a fairly new market. I think people are
> too quick to jump ship on this one.
>
> At least for me I have only had this one problem since signing up for
> them. I have had friends who were with packet8 and had the same type
> of problem more frequently, also friends who have had some of the
> other services had problems at times as well. just food for thought

I agree. Overall, my experience with SunRocket has been very positive.
I am happier with VoIP than I imagined I would be. There is a certain
amount of leeway than must be afforded these companies as the
technology and the industry grow and become better established.
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 6:30:46 PM

One concern I have - is now that, according to CEO email the SR service is
"back up" . I still get busy signals on calls to places that I know are not
busy. On my POTS lines the calls go through

<ukcats4218016@yahoo.com> wrote in message

adabristian wrote:
> I agree, with the exception of this past situation, I have had no
> problems with my service. We have to remember we are dealing with
> internet phone and not land lines, so I would think some problems are
> going to occur.. This is still a fairly new market. I think people are
> too quick to jump ship on this one.
>
> At least for me I have only had this one problem since signing up for
> them. I have had friends who were with packet8 and had the same type
> of problem more frequently, also friends who have had some of the
> other services had problems at times as well. just food for thought

I agree. Overall, my experience with SunRocket has been very positive.
I am happier with VoIP than I imagined I would be. There is a certain
amount of leeway than must be afforded these companies as the
technology and the industry grow and become better established.
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 10:17:35 AM

Bob Alan wrote:
> One concern I have - is now that, according to CEO email the SR service is
> "back up" . I still get busy signals on calls to places that I know are not
> busy. On my POTS lines the calls go through

I've heard a few people claiming they have had firmware pushed over the
last few days. Maybe, you haven't gotten there yet. mine has been
working great over the last few days.
Anonymous
September 26, 2005 6:08:09 PM

Curious how one detects this firmware Rev?

What I suspect is that many folks that get a busy signal, don't give it a
2nd thought. they think the number they are calling is in use and just try
agn later.

Bob

!