user needs admin rights to run app

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 8, 2005 12:02:02 AM

We are running Server 2003 and have problems with server client server apps
that users try to run. It appears a user needs Domain Admin access for the
app(s) to run correctly. Any ideas?

Thank you!
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 11:20:30 AM

This description of your problem is way to vague. Where is the app running
on? How are the users getting to it? What is the error message?

"Dave Davis" <DaveDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are running Server 2003 and have problems with server client server
> apps
> that users try to run. It appears a user needs Domain Admin access for
> the
> app(s) to run correctly. Any ideas?
>
> Thank you!
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 11:20:31 AM

We are running serveral applications all pointing to a user lacking rights.
One is an Oracle DB that gives an 073 error unable to access the DB, but
again if a user is bumped up to Domain Admin there is no problem.

"Paul Bergson" wrote:

> This description of your problem is way to vague. Where is the app running
> on? How are the users getting to it? What is the error message?
>
> --
>

> Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

> "Dave Davis" <DaveDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are running Server 2003 and have problems with server client server
> > apps
> > that users try to run. It appears a user needs Domain Admin access for
> > the
> > app(s) to run correctly. Any ideas?
> >
> > Thank you!

September 8, 2005 1:10:43 PM

Download filemon and regmon and run these while the user is attempting to
run the app. This will tell you what specific files are attempting to be
accessed.

http://www.sysinternals.com/FileAndDiskUtilities.html

> We are running serveral applications all pointing to a user lacking
> rights.
> One is an Oracle DB that gives an 073 error unable to access the DB, but
> again if a user is bumped up to Domain Admin there is no problem.
>
> "Paul Bergson" wrote:
>
>> This description of your problem is way to vague. Where is the app
>> running
>> on? How are the users getting to it? What is the error message?
>>
>> --
>>

>> Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

>> rights.
>>

>> "Dave Davis" <DaveDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We are running Server 2003 and have problems with server client server
>> > apps
>> > that users try to run. It appears a user needs Domain Admin access for
>> > the
>> > app(s) to run correctly. Any ideas?
>> >
>> > Thank you!

Anonymous
September 8, 2005 5:35:45 PM

"" wrote:
> We are running Server 2003 and have problems with server
> client server apps
> that users try to run. It appears a user needs Domain Admin
> access for the
> app(s) to run correctly. Any ideas?
>
> Thank you!

* on what is the app installed? DC, member server, client?
* how does the app interact with the domain for needing domain admins?
* what does the manual say about that and why?
* is the app installed on multiple servers that need to interact with
each other?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-user-admi...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1398194
!