user needs admin rights to run app

We are running Server 2003 and have problems with server client server apps
that users try to run. It appears a user needs Domain Admin access for the
app(s) to run correctly. Any ideas?

Thank you!
4 answers Last reply
More about user admin rights

    This description of your problem is way to vague. Where is the app running
    on? How are the users getting to it? What is the error message?

    "Dave Davis" <DaveDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > We are running Server 2003 and have problems with server client server
    > apps
    > that users try to run. It appears a user needs Domain Admin access for
    > the
    > app(s) to run correctly. Any ideas?
    >
    > Thank you!

    We are running serveral applications all pointing to a user lacking rights.
    One is an Oracle DB that gives an 073 error unable to access the DB, but
    again if a user is bumped up to Domain Admin there is no problem.

    "Paul Bergson" wrote:

    > This description of your problem is way to vague. Where is the app running
    > on? How are the users getting to it? What is the error message?
    >
    > --
    >

    > Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

    > "Dave Davis" <DaveDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > We are running Server 2003 and have problems with server client server
    > > apps
    > > that users try to run. It appears a user needs Domain Admin access for
    > > the
    > > app(s) to run correctly. Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thank you!

    Download filemon and regmon and run these while the user is attempting to
    run the app. This will tell you what specific files are attempting to be
    accessed.

    http://www.sysinternals.com/FileAndDiskUtilities.html

    "" wrote:
    > We are running Server 2003 and have problems with server
    > client server apps
    > that users try to run. It appears a user needs Domain Admin
    > access for the
    > app(s) to run correctly. Any ideas?
    >
    > Thank you!

    * on what is the app installed? DC, member server, client?
    * how does the app interact with the domain for needing domain admins?
    * what does the manual say about that and why?
    * is the app installed on multiple servers that need to interact with
    each other?

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-user-admin-rights-run-app-ftopict418706.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1398194

Servers Microsoft Active Directory Windows