Mirroring Lab Environment to Production

I am trying to implement MIIS and I need to 1st emulate my production
AD in my lab. The procedure I currently have is very very time
consuming. Since i will be needing to have updates every week for
testing it is no longer going to work. What is the easiest way to do
this?

Thanks,
Sean

Many of us would like a verbose answer to this one. Setting up and then
breaking off a DC from the domain does it, but they tend to quickly get out
of sync; is there another, better way?