users last login time

Hi

I have a 2000 native domain and I need to find users that haven't logged in
for a certain period of time.

I know if you have a 2003 DC I can run a Query, but how do I find users in
2000 AD.

Thanks in advance

Bob

bob smythe wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a 2000 native domain and I need to find users that haven't logged in
> for a certain period of time.
>
> I know if you have a 2003 DC I can run a Query, but how do I find users in
> 2000 AD.

If You want to be sure that You have a correct data in Windows 2000
domain You have to ask every DC in a domain about last login time of a
user.

This is a code to get this date:
http://www.rallenhome.com/books/adcookbook/src/06.27-last_logon_timestamp.vbs.txt

but in windows 2000 this is not replicated and You have to get it from
every DC and then find last date.

In other approach if You have password expiration policy in place You
can find how old the password of the user is - so If user didn't changed
password for specified time > then maximum password age You can assume
that he didn't logged on to the network. For this You can use joe's tool:
http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/oldcmp.htm

--
Tomasz Onyszko
http://www.w2k.pl