Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

hi

we have a multiple dc domain, spanning across 7 sites or so. all the dns etc
is integrated into active directory. overnight, i've noticed that in the DNS,
the site folder in Forward Lookup Zones->domain name->_msdcs->dc->_sites has
just disappeared

i've tried renaming the netlogon.dns file in C:\winnt\system32\config and
restarting the netlogon service, but this doesn't re-create it. is there
anyway to re-create it?

thanks

You could reboot the dc or run netdiag /fix.. Get the netdiag from the
install disk.

Install disk

Support tools
d:\support\tools\setup.exe

Administrative tools
d:\i386\adminpak.msi

"" wrote:
> hi
>
> we have a multiple dc domain, spanning across 7 sites or so.
> all the dns etc
> is integrated into active directory. overnight, i've noticed
> that in the DNS,
> the site folder in Forward Lookup Zones->domain
> name->_msdcs->dc->_sites has
> just disappeared
>
> i've tried renaming the netlogon.dns file in
> C:winntsystem32config and
> restarting the netlogon service, but this doesn't re-create
> it. is there
> anyway to re-create it?
>
> thanks

check sites and services to see if the particular site still exists.
if it does not, start searching why when who. It could have been an
empty site, that was deleted by someone

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-DNS-issue-ftopict419106.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1399815