Windows XP - SP2 Security / IE Information Bar

Tags:
  • Internet Explorer
  • Security
  • Windows XP
a b 8 Security
October 7, 2004 12:41:16 AM

Forgive me for getting angry and frustrated, but I'm tearing my hair
out......

I've upgraded to SP2 and I absolutley HATE the Information Bar and its
constant bleeping, that appears with every page as I'm developing my
website. I want to get rid of it. MS advise that to get rid of the
active content warning, you must:
1.. Open Internet Explorer.
2.. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3.. On the Security tab, click Custom Level.
4.. Do one or both of the following:

a.. To turn off the Information Bar for file downloads, in the
Downloads section of the list, under Automatic prompting for file
downloads, click Enable.
b.. To turn off the Information Bar for ActiveX controls, in the
ActiveX controls and plug-ins section of the list, under Automatic
prompting for ActiveX controls, click Enable.
I have followed this advice and I have been through every option and
enabled absolutely everything (hence IE is now less secure that it every
has been) and the bar still appears.....

What am I doing wrong?
What more must I do to get rid of it?
Do I have to uninstall SP2?
Do I use Netscape?
Do I throw my laptop out of the window?
Do I.......

Thanks for any help....

Martin

More about : windows sp2 security information bar

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
October 8, 2004 4:24:03 AM

I have posted steps to turn off the Information Bar for ActiveX

@

http://www.easysurf.cc/shortct.htm
!