Client Domain Switching between organizations?

Our company, XYZ has a couple of engagements (lets just say CompanyA &
CompanyB) where our personnel are forced to become part of these customers
Active Directory environments. As we start introducing applications like GT&E
where SSO and authentication into the firms AD environment is required, I
believe these people will not be able to access the applications unless they
have authenticated computer and user accounts in the domain with the
application. What is Microsoft's best practice for Joining Computers to other
organization's domain and then switching them back to original XYZ Domain? I
understand there are many steps involved, some network (DNS) settings that
need to be switched back and forth as well as actual steps in joining the
computer to domain.

Do we use a...
Inter Forest Trust between organizations?
ADFS? (for extending Active Directory environment)
Or are there any third party tools or Microsoft tools available for
simplifying the steps of Network / Domain Switching between organizations?

Regards
Christopher L. Gonzalez
MCSE 2003
2 answers Last reply
More about client domain switching organizations

    Domain or Forest Trust is the best option here i think. It makes lower since
    of what domain the computer is joined to.. since users can logon to all
    trusted domains.

    --
    Regards
    Christoffer Andersson

    "" wrote:
    > Our company, XYZ has a couple of engagements (lets just say
    > CompanyA &
    > CompanyB) where our personnel are forced to become part of
    > these customers
    > Active Directory environments. As we start introducing
    > applications like GT&E
    > where SSO and authentication into the firms AD environment is
    > required, I
    > believe these people will not be able to access the
    > applications unless they
    > have authenticated computer and user accounts in the domain
    > with the
    > application. What is Microsoft's best practice for Joining
    > Computers to other
    > organization's domain and then switching them back to original
    > XYZ Domain? I
    > understand there are many steps involved, some network (DNS)
    > settings that
    > need to be switched back and forth as well as actual steps in
    > joining the
    > computer to domain.
    >
    > Do we use a...
    > Inter Forest Trust between organizations?
    > ADFS? (for extending Active Directory environment)
    > Or are there any third party tools or Microsoft tools
    > available for
    > simplifying the steps of Network / Domain Switching between
    > organizations?
    >
    > Regards
    > Christopher L. Gonzalez
    > MCSE 2003

    first thing that comes to mind is create a trust as one of the
    solutions you already mentioned

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Client-Domain-Switching-organizations-ftopict419247.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1400319

Domain Microsoft Active Directory Windows