NTDS Log files are not deleting

David

My problem is that the log files in the NTDS folder are not deleting and now
that folder is around 6GB which not normal. I have log files that are from
3 months ago.

I have looked everywhere but I don't know if it is safe to delete the log
files or not and
I desperately need the hard space.

I have event id 0 NTDS ISAM. NTDS (300) Unexpected Win32 error: 0x20 in the
Directory Services Event Viewer.

This error started the same time the log files started building up.

Hello,
Are you haveing this behaivor on one or more Domain Controllers? are
replication working between Domain Controllers if more than one?

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

"David" <dhunter@pbhc.org> wrote in message
> My problem is that the log files in the NTDS folder are not deleting and
> now
> that folder is around 6GB which not normal. I have log files that are
> from
> 3 months ago.
>
> I have looked everywhere but I don't know if it is safe to delete the log
> files or not and
> I desperately need the hard space.
>
> I have event id 0 NTDS ISAM. NTDS (300) Unexpected Win32 error: 0x20 in
> the
> Directory Services Event Viewer.
>
> This error started the same time the log files started building up.

David

Oh and yes replication is working fine.

I have run repmon and everything appears to be fine.

"Chriss3 [MVP]" <noSpamHere@chrisse.se> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Are you haveing this behaivor on one or more Domain Controllers? are
> replication working between Domain Controllers if more than one?
>
> --
> Regards
> Christoffer Andersson
> Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
>
> No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
> http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips
>
> "David" <dhunter@pbhc.org> wrote in message
>> My problem is that the log files in the NTDS folder are not deleting and
>> now
>> that folder is around 6GB which not normal. I have log files that are
>> from
>> 3 months ago.
>>
>> I have looked everywhere but I don't know if it is safe to delete the log
>> files or not and
>> I desperately need the hard space.
>>
>> I have event id 0 NTDS ISAM. NTDS (300) Unexpected Win32 error: 0x20 in
>> the
>> Directory Services Event Viewer.
>>
>> This error started the same time the log files started building up.

David

Just on one DC which happens to be the PDC, RID and Infrascture main server.