NTDS Log files are not deleting

My problem is that the log files in the NTDS folder are not deleting and now
that folder is around 6GB which not normal. I have log files that are from
3 months ago.

I have looked everywhere but I don't know if it is safe to delete the log
files or not and
I desperately need the hard space.

I have event id 0 NTDS ISAM. NTDS (300) Unexpected Win32 error: 0x20 in the
Directory Services Event Viewer.

This error started the same time the log files started building up.
3 answers Last reply
More about ntds files deleting

    Hello,
    Are you haveing this behaivor on one or more Domain Controllers? are
    replication working between Domain Controllers if more than one?

    --
    Regards
    Christoffer Andersson

    "David" <dhunter@pbhc.org> wrote in message
    > My problem is that the log files in the NTDS folder are not deleting and
    > now
    > that folder is around 6GB which not normal. I have log files that are
    > from
    > 3 months ago.
    >
    > I have looked everywhere but I don't know if it is safe to delete the log
    > files or not and
    > I desperately need the hard space.
    >
    > I have event id 0 NTDS ISAM. NTDS (300) Unexpected Win32 error: 0x20 in
    > the
    > Directory Services Event Viewer.
    >
    > This error started the same time the log files started building up.

    Oh and yes replication is working fine.

    I have run repmon and everything appears to be fine.

    "Chriss3 [MVP]" <noSpamHere@chrisse.se> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > Are you haveing this behaivor on one or more Domain Controllers? are
    > replication working between Domain Controllers if more than one?
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    > Christoffer Andersson
    > Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    >
    > No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
    > http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips
    >
    > "David" <dhunter@pbhc.org> wrote in message
    >> My problem is that the log files in the NTDS folder are not deleting and
    >> now
    >> that folder is around 6GB which not normal. I have log files that are
    >> from
    >> 3 months ago.
    >>
    >> I have looked everywhere but I don't know if it is safe to delete the log
    >> files or not and
    >> I desperately need the hard space.
    >>
    >> I have event id 0 NTDS ISAM. NTDS (300) Unexpected Win32 error: 0x20 in
    >> the
    >> Directory Services Event Viewer.
    >>
    >> This error started the same time the log files started building up.

    Just on one DC which happens to be the PDC, RID and Infrascture main server.

    "Chriss3 [MVP]" <noSpamHere@chrisse.se> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > Are you haveing this behaivor on one or more Domain Controllers? are
    > replication working between Domain Controllers if more than one?
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    > Christoffer Andersson
    > Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    >
    > No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
    > http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips
    >
    > "David" <dhunter@pbhc.org> wrote in message
    >> My problem is that the log files in the NTDS folder are not deleting and
    >> now
    >> that folder is around 6GB which not normal. I have log files that are
    >> from
    >> 3 months ago.
    >>
    >> I have looked everywhere but I don't know if it is safe to delete the log
    >> files or not and
    >> I desperately need the hard space.
    >>
    >> I have event id 0 NTDS ISAM. NTDS (300) Unexpected Win32 error: 0x20 in
    >> the
    >> Directory Services Event Viewer.
    >>
    >> This error started the same time the log files started building up.

Active Directory Windows