Enchanting marksman weapons

Hello,
How does enchanting a long bow work? If I enchant it, will the
enchantment be passed on to the arrows I shoot from it? Or will enchanting
a long bow with Cast On Strike be pointless, since it is the arrows that
actually "strike" the creatures, not the bow? Will a non-enchanted arrow
shot from an enchanted long bow harm a Daedric creature? The game does not
seem to offer me the ability to enchant my own arrows.
Or should I just enchant the bow with a Constant Effect that fortifies
agility, or a Cast When Used that bounds a daedric longbow? I'll have to
keep my fingers crossed that I have the skill to enchant it myself, since my
current character refuses to visit enchanters. :)

--
Rick Cavalla
rac22@NO.erols.SPAM.com

Enchanting the bow with "Cast on Strike" won't help, but enchanting the
arrows works, though last I tried you could only enchant one arrow per
soulgem, which makes the whole thing pretty useless. But there are
enough magical arrows around to find.

If you are in marksmanship, I highly recommand the Marksman Mod, which
makes the whole marksman usage much better and more powerful. More
powerful - sounds like a cheat mod? Well, your opponents gain the same
advantages. I recall meeting this skeleton dude with a big nasty
crossbow the first time after installing marksman mod with a level ~10
character. Killed with one shot. :*)
Basically this mod raises marksman weapons to the same level as other
weapons. In unmodded Morrowind I find marksmanship not too useful. This
means you can use marksman weapons as your primary weapon, and you will
learn to respect critters with marksman. A gang of three skeleton
archers and a skeleton crossbow guy requires some very careful approach.

The mod adds a bunch of new bow and crossbow types, lots of enchanted
arrows in random loot and some really nice throwing weapons. Plus some
unique pretty cool items, I love that certain Ring of the Phoenix very
much. I suppose I havn't found all of the unique items yet, most I found
so far are powerful but located in appropriate difficult places. No
super-weapon in Seyda Neen tradehouse.

You find the mod here:
http://thelys.org/mods.php?a=Intelligentsia#Marksman

Peter

> How does enchanting a long bow work? If I enchant it, will the
> enchantment be passed on to the arrows I shoot from it?

No, it won't. Spells and enchantments in Morrowind require a target... and
the bow has none.
OTOH, the arrows have a target. Enchant the arrows.

> Or will enchanting
> a long bow with Cast On Strike be pointless, since it is the arrows that
> actually "strike" the creatures, not the bow?

Correct :)

> Will a non-enchanted arrow
> shot from an enchanted long bow harm a Daedric creature?

IIRC yes.

> The game does not
> seem to offer me the ability to enchant my own arrows.

IIRC the ability to enchant arrows comes with one of the expansion set or
was it a patch?

> Or should I just enchant the bow with a Constant Effect that fortifies
> agility, or a Cast When Used that bounds a daedric longbow? I'll have to
> keep my fingers crossed that I have the skill to enchant it myself, since
my
> current character refuses to visit enchanters. :)

I think one can never have too much constant effects :)