Installation problems - Canon Pixma IP 4000 R

Hello, the whole day I tried to install the printer driver under win/xp
2. After 60% of installation (making folder) the message
addprinterdriver error -the system cant find the file. I don't no what
i can do now. The newest driver I have on disk its the 1.8. But it
don't work. Do really need your help. I am going crazy :-((

Greetings

Dirk

Download a new set from the Canon website.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"dirkt" <dtaeuber@web.de> wrote in message
> Hello, the whole day I tried to install the printer driver under win/xp
> 2. After 60% of installation (making folder) the message
> addprinterdriver error -the system cant find the file. I don't no what
> i can do now. The newest driver I have on disk its the 1.8. But it
> don't work. Do really need your help. I am going crazy :-((
>
> Greetings
>
> Dirk

Firstly, you may have a bad disk. I would go to the Canon website, and
look for technical support, and see if you can download the drivers from
them. Obviously, download the newest ones for XP.

Make sure XP doesn't try to download it's own "in box" drivers. Check
Canon's website for the proper procedure to load the drivers. Some
drivers need to be loaded before the printer is connected, some after.

Make sure you have removed an previously installed printer drivers for
this printer prior to trying to install them again. Again, you may have
to remove the printer from the computer connection to get the old driver
off your system.

Art