Microsoft Works - assign?

Hi

Before i waste hours of my time trying to do the impossible - has anyone
successfully managed to ASSIGN Microsoft Works 8 using Active Directory -
Group Policy?

TIA
Oli
1 answer Last reply
More about microsoft works assign

    In news:eTy08Q6tFHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Oli <oli@spamtraPoliwoods.co.uk> made this post, which I then commented
    about below:
    > Hi
    >
    > Before i waste hours of my time trying to do the impossible - has
    > anyone successfully managed to ASSIGN Microsoft Works 8 using Active
    > Directory - Group Policy?
    >
    > TIA
    > Oli

    I don't know about Works, but with Office, you need to create an MST using
    Office's MSI and the Client Installation Wizard (CIW) in the Office Resource
    Kit. When creating an MST, it saves all the click-thru answers you provide
    that you normally have to do with Office when installing so it's an
    automated install that users do not have to interact with. I do not believe
    there is a Reskit for Works to create one, unless a 3rd party tool could be
    used.

    Here's info on how to do Office. It explains the MST. Look towards the
    bottom about using GPOs for Office.

    284273 - OFF2000- How to Deploy Office over a Network:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284273

    --
    Regards,
    Ace

    If this post is viewed at a non-Microsoft community website, and you were to
    respond to it through that community's website, I may not see your reply.
    Therefore, please direct all replies ONLY to the Microsoft public newsgroup
    this thread originated in so all can benefit.

    confers no rights.

Policy Microsoft Active Directory Windows