Sign in with
Your question

Hot sapphire X1900XT

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 25, 2006 1:03:03 AM

I dont know if my x1900 temps are ok or not. It idles 57c and at full load 107c. That just seems to hot to me. I have the stock cooler on it, and no overclock. The card run great beside the temps. I DO NOT want to do anything to the card that will void the warranty. When I know why the temps are that high and can get them down, I would then like to overclock the card. Any Ideas? I dont want to kill my card!

More about : hot sapphire x1900xt

July 29, 2006 8:24:22 AM

Quote:
I dont know if my x1900 temps are ok or not. It idles 57c and at full load 107c. That just seems to hot to me. I have the stock cooler on it, and no overclock. The card run great beside the temps. I DO NOT want to do anything to the card that will void the warranty. When I know why the temps are that high and can get them down, I would then like to overclock the card. Any Ideas? I dont want to kill my card!

Hey there. I've also got an X1900XT, and it runs hot too. They say it can handle high temps, so I wouldn't be worried bout that.
You could play with the fan settings, cause the fan is stock set to about 30%. With Ati Tray Tools you can also set hotkeys for adjusting the fan speed while playing or something. Try this http://www.guru3d.com/article/atitraytools/189/
and then just press the download button.
Hope this helped you. :lol: 
July 29, 2006 7:18:32 PM

How does your case cooling look like? What size fans and where?

And how is your abient temp?

You could always make an 80mm side intake on the case, right over the graphic card.
!