Windows 2003 on 2000 AD NLB

Is it possible to host an application running on Win 2003 server running in
a 2000 AD domain using NLB?

The following article is confusing on the matter:

"Note: The procedures described in this document apply only to products in
the Windows Server 2003 family. Using Kerberos in an application load
balanced with NLB is not supported in Windows 2000."
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/kerbnlb.mspx

Thanks,

--
Rick G. Garibay
MCP

In news:7tBVe.78394$DW1.70545@fed1read06,
Rick G. Garibay <rickgaribay@yahoo.com> made this post, which I then
commented about below:
> Is it possible to host an application running on Win 2003 server
> running in a 2000 AD domain using NLB?
>
> The following article is confusing on the matter:
>
> "Note: The procedures described in this document apply only to
> products in the Windows Server 2003 family. Using Kerberos in an
> application load balanced with NLB is not supported in Windows 2000."
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/kerbnlb.mspx

> Thanks,

It's saying that you can use Kerberos for the suthentication mechanism
between nodes in a Win2003 cluster/NLB. That feature is not supported in
Win2000.

Honestly, if I had an NLB or cluster, I would stick with the same operating
system and update them together. But if you're just trying to run an app
between two NLBs on Win2003 in an AD environment (and the NLBs are NOT DCs),
then as far as I see it, I don't see why not.

--
Regards,
Ace

If this post is viewed at a non-Microsoft community website, and you were to
respond to it through that community's website, I may not see your reply.
Therefore, please direct all replies ONLY to the Microsoft public newsgroup
this thread originated in so all can benefit.

confers no rights.