Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Lord Luc Outte, disenfranhised Breton nobleman

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 9:05:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

My first character Fhuri kicked ass ~all over~, but she was so
successful at purging the troubled land of monsters, blight-mad beasts
and nogoodniks of every stripe that she basically ran out of things to
do. So I retired her. Since then I've played Nord assassins, Dunmer
magicians, Imperial thieves, etc., etc., but my favorite all time
character to date was the first one I discovered Morrowind with: Fhuri,
my Argonian adventurer.

OK, I decided to really try something different this time, so I created
a Breton, dubbed him a nobleman, and began to run him around. For some
reason my imagination caught fire. I haven't loved a character this
much since my first one ever.

It occurred to me that he might be some formally properous dude of noble
lineage and distingushed mind who had powerful political enemies. In my
imagination he started telling his story to me - how he was shipped off
to prison on a trumped-up charge. How he lost his lands, wealth, and
slaves to his enemies. How the humiliation of being imprisoned and the
fear of his enemy's agents in prison inspired him to lie about his name
and background: he didn't want more politcally-motivated harassment,
nor to have his family name futher besmirched, so he adopted a false
identity.

The guy's a charming fellow with a likeable personality. He's a smooth
talker, and people believed him. He began to make friends in prison,
and even got on good terms with the guards. Amazingly, one day one of
the guards fetched him out of prison and pushed him onto a carriage.
Nobody explained what was going on, and Luc Outte began to worry that
something was seriously wrong. Then he was hustled onto a boat, and the
mysterious journey continued. Luc got ill on the boat ride, and became
feverishly delirious. He feared he might die, but then a beautiful lady
came to him in a dream and told him to be unafraid.

His fever broke the next day. Later that same day they put into port at
Seyda Neen, and Luc was released, on condition that he report to some
Imperial in Balmora for instructions.

After his stint in prison and then his illness, he was weak as a
kitten. All he wanted at that point was a bath, some humble bread, and
maybe a little kindness. Well, he found that in Balmora. He was given
some gold, use of a bed, and a job.

Lord Luc Outte felt grateful to the Emperor for his mercy, and
faithfully fulfulled the menial tasks he was assigned by the Blades
Spymaster. He had no money and no lands, no other prospects, so he
needed the employment. He also felt the need to continue to maintain
his false identity, since he didn't know who he could trust.

Imagine his astonishment when the Spymaster later revealed to Luc that
his phoney story had been the reason for this amazing twist of fate! He
didn't dare explain, for fear that the Emperor would have him executed.

He began to have weird dreams, where a strange man in a golden mask
addressed him "Lord Nerevar Indoril" and suchlike. He didn't dare speak
of these dreams to anyone. Too creepy.

Being imprisoned changed his feelings about slavery. Now he frees
slaves whenever he finds them. He abhores fighting, trouble, gettting
dirty, sleeping outdoors, and hard labor, so he avoids them all he can.
He does love to travel, though, so he enjoys the courier missions. He's
also very sociable and chatty, so he loves escort missions: he likes
someone to chat with when he's on the road... and he likes their help
when rats attack. Ugh, he hates rats.

This guy is the first character I ever played since Fhuri who seems to
have really strong opinions about what he will and will not do. I'm
really getting into the roleply aspect with this fellow. He insists
that he has no need for armor whatsoever, and he distains the use of a
shield. He's terribly vain (spent his first paycheck on a set of
exquisite clothes), but he also doesn't want to look like he's looking
for a fight. Because assassins attack him in his sleep he understood
the need for one decent weapon, and some good defense spells like
paralyze and reflect. He refuses to carry around vulger things like
lockpicks, but I finally convinced him to wear an opening amulet, and by
golly, to use it now and then.

Luc hates to steal. He makes money by soultrapping, and he's very good
at it. He'd always prefer a peaceful solution, and because he's so
likeable and persuesive he often has that choice, even when others
don't.

Because his enemies are affilitated with the other Great Houses, he
decided to join House Telvanni, and despite their weirdness and general
amorality, he recieved a warm welcome, and soon found powerful friends
there. He just keeps quiet about his slave-freeing hobby around them.

He innocently joined Mage's guild, before he realized that there was a
rivalry between the guild and his chosen House. Imagine his peculiar
mixture of emotions when the guild steward asked him to sniff out a
Telvanni spy. He decided to go ahead and ask around, thinking that he
was perhaps looking for himself. LOL Luckily he found evidence that
drew attention to someone other than himself... poor boob. But Luc felt
strongly motivated to stay deep undercover, so yes, he fingered a
Telvanni brother. Fortunately, the Telvanni are generally so indiffernt
about in-house loyalty that he felt sure it wouldn't become an issue.
Mages guild, OTOH are more picky about such things.

LOL
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 2:47:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

ToolPackinMama wrote:

> My first character Fhuri kicked ass ~all over~, but she was so
> successful at purging the troubled land of monsters, blight-mad beasts
> and nogoodniks of every stripe that she basically ran out of things to
> do. So I retired her. Since then I've played Nord assassins, Dunmer
> magicians, Imperial thieves, etc., etc., but my favorite all time
> character to date was the first one I discovered Morrowind with: Fhuri,
> my Argonian adventurer.
>
> OK, I decided to really try something different this time, so I created
> a Breton, dubbed him a nobleman, and began to run him around. For some
> reason my imagination caught fire. I haven't loved a character this
> much since my first one ever.
>
> It occurred to me that he might be some formally properous dude of noble
> lineage and distingushed mind who had powerful political enemies. In my
> imagination he started telling his story to me - how he was shipped off
> to prison on a trumped-up charge. How he lost his lands, wealth, and
> slaves to his enemies. How the humiliation of being imprisoned and the
> fear of his enemy's agents in prison inspired him to lie about his name
> and background: he didn't want more politcally-motivated harassment,
> nor to have his family name futher besmirched, so he adopted a false
> identity.
>
> The guy's a charming fellow with a likeable personality. He's a smooth
> talker, and people believed him. He began to make friends in prison,
> and even got on good terms with the guards. Amazingly, one day one of
> the guards fetched him out of prison and pushed him onto a carriage.
> Nobody explained what was going on, and Luc Outte began to worry that
> something was seriously wrong. Then he was hustled onto a boat, and the
> mysterious journey continued. Luc got ill on the boat ride, and became
> feverishly delirious. He feared he might die, but then a beautiful lady
> came to him in a dream and told him to be unafraid.
>
> His fever broke the next day. Later that same day they put into port at
> Seyda Neen, and Luc was released, on condition that he report to some
> Imperial in Balmora for instructions.
>
> After his stint in prison and then his illness, he was weak as a
> kitten. All he wanted at that point was a bath, some humble bread, and
> maybe a little kindness. Well, he found that in Balmora. He was given
> some gold, use of a bed, and a job.
>
> Lord Luc Outte felt grateful to the Emperor for his mercy, and
> faithfully fulfulled the menial tasks he was assigned by the Blades
> Spymaster. He had no money and no lands, no other prospects, so he
> needed the employment. He also felt the need to continue to maintain
> his false identity, since he didn't know who he could trust.
>
> Imagine his astonishment when the Spymaster later revealed to Luc that
> his phoney story had been the reason for this amazing twist of fate! He
> didn't dare explain, for fear that the Emperor would have him executed.
>
> He began to have weird dreams, where a strange man in a golden mask
> addressed him "Lord Nerevar Indoril" and suchlike. He didn't dare speak
> of these dreams to anyone. Too creepy.
>
> Being imprisoned changed his feelings about slavery. Now he frees
> slaves whenever he finds them. He abhores fighting, trouble, gettting
> dirty, sleeping outdoors, and hard labor, so he avoids them all he can.
> He does love to travel, though, so he enjoys the courier missions. He's
> also very sociable and chatty, so he loves escort missions: he likes
> someone to chat with when he's on the road... and he likes their help
> when rats attack. Ugh, he hates rats.
>
> This guy is the first character I ever played since Fhuri who seems to
> have really strong opinions about what he will and will not do. I'm
> really getting into the roleply aspect with this fellow. He insists
> that he has no need for armor whatsoever, and he distains the use of a
> shield. He's terribly vain (spent his first paycheck on a set of
> exquisite clothes), but he also doesn't want to look like he's looking
> for a fight. Because assassins attack him in his sleep he understood
> the need for one decent weapon, and some good defense spells like
> paralyze and reflect. He refuses to carry around vulger things like
> lockpicks, but I finally convinced him to wear an opening amulet, and by
> golly, to use it now and then.
>
> Luc hates to steal. He makes money by soultrapping, and he's very good
> at it. He'd always prefer a peaceful solution, and because he's so
> likeable and persuesive he often has that choice, even when others
> don't.
>

I take it that Luc doesn't feel that soultrapping is a form of slavery.


> Because his enemies are affilitated with the other Great Houses, he
> decided to join House Telvanni, and despite their weirdness and general
> amorality, he recieved a warm welcome, and soon found powerful friends
> there. He just keeps quiet about his slave-freeing hobby around them.
>
> He innocently joined Mage's guild, before he realized that there was a
> rivalry between the guild and his chosen House. Imagine his peculiar
> mixture of emotions when the guild steward asked him to sniff out a
> Telvanni spy. He decided to go ahead and ask around, thinking that he
> was perhaps looking for himself. LOL Luckily he found evidence that
> drew attention to someone other than himself... poor boob. But Luc felt
> strongly motivated to stay deep undercover, so yes, he fingered a
> Telvanni brother. Fortunately, the Telvanni are generally so indiffernt
> about in-house loyalty that he felt sure it wouldn't become an issue.
> Mages guild, OTOH are more picky about such things.
>
> LOL
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 2:47:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

"Michael W. Ryder" wrote:
>
> ToolPackinMama wrote:

> > Luc hates to steal. He makes money by soultrapping, and he's very good
> > at it.

> I take it that Luc doesn't feel that soultrapping is a form of slavery.

Do you even know what soultrapping is? :) 
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 2:47:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

"Michael W. Ryder" wrote:

> I take it that Luc doesn't feel that soultrapping is a form of slavery.

Lemmee guess: all your characters are gentle healers and alchemists who
only eat vegetables and use only vegetable products in their potions.

:) 

So, how to defeat Dagoth Ur? You gonna heal him to death?

:) 
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 10:43:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

ToolPackinMama wrote:

> "Michael W. Ryder" wrote:
>
>>ToolPackinMama wrote:
>
>
>>>Luc hates to steal. He makes money by soultrapping, and he's very good
>>>at it.
>
>
>>I take it that Luc doesn't feel that soultrapping is a form of slavery.
>
>
> Do you even know what soultrapping is? :) 

You are enslaving a part of a being and using it for your own purposes.
This is my definition of soultrapping but Luc may have other delusions
as to how soul trapping works.
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 10:46:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

ToolPackinMama wrote:

> "Michael W. Ryder" wrote:
>
>
>>I take it that Luc doesn't feel that soultrapping is a form of slavery.
>
>
> Lemmee guess: all your characters are gentle healers and alchemists who
> only eat vegetables and use only vegetable products in their potions.
>
> :) 
>

No, my point was that in one place you say: "Being imprisoned changed
his feelings about slavery. Now he frees slaves whenever he finds them"
then you later state that he uses soul trapping to raise money and power
magic items. Isn't soultrapping a form of imprisonment?


> So, how to defeat Dagoth Ur? You gonna heal him to death?
>
> :) 
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 4:37:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

"Michael W. Ryder" wrote:
>
> ToolPackinMama wrote:
>
> > "Michael W. Ryder" wrote:
> >
> >>ToolPackinMama wrote:
> >
> >
> >>>Luc hates to steal. He makes money by soultrapping, and he's very good
> >>>at it.
> >
> >
> >>I take it that Luc doesn't feel that soultrapping is a form of slavery.
> >
> >
> > Do you even know what soultrapping is? :) 
>
> You are enslaving a part of a being and using it for your own purposes.

Look, the walking skeletons that attack you in tombs are already
enslaved souls. By soultrapping them you are liberating them.
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 4:59:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

"Michael W. Ryder" wrote:

>Isn't soultrapping a form of imprisonment?

No, I think "OBVIOUSLY NOT". Corpses are animated by necromancers, and
if you soultrap one of them, you are not enslaving that "soul" you are
if anything) freeing it from slavery.

Luc only soultraps creatures that attack him first. He's defending
himself, which he has a right to do, I hope you agree. The "soul"
that's "trapped" is nothing but the energy from the (former) life
force, it's not like you have a living blighted rat trapped in that
little tiny gem.

The rat itself is no longer there. If you soultrap a rat you can eat
the rat meat afterward, so obviously the whole rat is not captured in
the gem. The rat is dead. DEAD. Death is death.

The souls that are used to animate skeletons etc. are not whole
personalities. A necromancer could use any trapped soul of any creature
to work the magic that animates a corpse. You can't soultrap people's
souls in the game, hadn't you noticed? Only beasts and things like
bonelords can be soultrapped.

I fear that you take the "soultrap" word too seriously. It's not the
whole soul that is in there, it's just what might be called the
animating force. That force is not individual, it's very impersonal and
interchangeable.

In any case, it's just a game. Lord Luc Outte eats meat and wears
leather too, but fortunately it's not REAL meat/leather, because it's
just a game.

FWIW, I myself am a vegetarian, partially because I don't believe in
harvesting animals for food. But that's me in this life. Lord Luc
Outte has a world and a life of his own, and I am not him.
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 3:15:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

"Michael W. Ryder" wrote:

> Yet you can trap Vivec and Almalexia, both who were originally human.

Dude, they're "gods" when we meet them.
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 3:18:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

"Michael W. Ryder" wrote:

> I never took the soul trap word seriously. I have no problems with it,
> my comment, which seems to have been taken far too seriously, is that
> while Luc feels that slavery and imprisonment is bad, he feels that soul
> trapping is OK.

Yes, that's correct. That seems to be the general consensus among the
characters in the game. People differ about the issue of slavery in
Morrowind, but there is no in-game controversy about soultrapping.

> Maybe for him it is, but if he asked a priest he might
> get a totally different answer.

Which priest? Name one.

> > FWIW, I myself am a vegetarian, partially because I don't believe in
> > harvesting animals for food. But that's me in this life. Lord Luc
> > Outte has a world and a life of his own, and I am not him.
>
> I am mostly a vegetarian myself

Well, we agree about ~something~. :) 
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 3:25:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

ToolPackinMama wrote:

> "Michael W. Ryder" wrote:
>
>>ToolPackinMama wrote:
>>
>>
>>>"Michael W. Ryder" wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>ToolPackinMama wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>>Luc hates to steal. He makes money by soultrapping, and he's very good
>>>>>at it.
>>>
>>>
>>>>I take it that Luc doesn't feel that soultrapping is a form of slavery.
>>>
>>>
>>>Do you even know what soultrapping is? :) 
>>
>>You are enslaving a part of a being and using it for your own purposes.
>
>
> Look, the walking skeletons that attack you in tombs are already
> enslaved souls. By soultrapping them you are liberating them.

Luc may look at it that way, I see it as just another form of
enslavement with a new master.
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 12:44:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

I've only had a few of my characters really click (become very strong
and definitive about what they do / develope a story of their own).
It's great when it happens. I'm not sure what makes some gel to
become so memorable. Enjoy it!
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 4:27:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

DeAnn wrote:
>
> I've only had a few of my characters really click (become very strong
> and definitive about what they do / develope a story of their own).

Kinda mysterious, isn't it?

> It's great when it happens. I'm not sure what makes some gel to
> become so memorable. Enjoy it!

Thank you, I will. :) 
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 7:32:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

"ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
news:41329BCE.899997B8@lauragoodwin.org...
> "Michael W. Ryder" wrote:
>
> > Yet you can trap Vivec and Almalexia, both who were originally human.
>
> Dude, they're "gods" when we meet them.

Dunmer, actually. Imagine how pissed they'd be if you called them "Human"...

;) 

And why in hell can't my Dark-elf wield two swords?! Or have a spell called
"Summon Anchient Spider-God"?

....If someone HAS actually made a mod that does these, well, wow.

-neh
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 7:32:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

greenham wrote:

> And why in hell can't my Dark-elf wield two swords?! Or have a spell called
> "Summon Anchient Spider-God"?

Spider-god? I'd like to summon one of those monster crabs, like the one
that left a shell behind in Ald Ruhn.
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 7:32:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

greenham wrote:
>
> "ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
> news:41329BCE.899997B8@lauragoodwin.org...
> > "Michael W. Ryder" wrote:
> >
> > > Yet you can trap Vivec and Almalexia, both who were originally human.
> >
> > Dude, they're "gods" when we meet them.
>
> Dunmer, actually. Imagine how pissed they'd be if you called them "Human"...
>
> ;) 

True, men and mer are not the same. Imperials, Nords, Bretons are
human, but Dark "Dunmer" elves, Wood elves, High elves and the lost
"Dwemer" elves are all MER not men.

I'm not sure about Orcs. Are they men or mer or something else? The
Argonians and Kahjiit are obviously neither.

You can't soultrap Vampires. How about werewolves? I never tried.
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 8:03:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:32:51 +1000, "greenham" <greenham@iinet.net.au>
wrote:

>And why in hell can't my Dark-elf wield two swords?! Or have a spell called
>"Summon Anchient Spider-God"?
>
>...If someone HAS actually made a mod that does these, well, wow.

No luck with the second, but there are quite a few weapons mods that add
swords for the off-hand. Most are just shields with a weapons model and
'parrying dagger' type description.
--
Greg Johnson
Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 8:57:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

ToolPackinMama wrote:
> True, men and mer are not the same. Imperials, Nords, Bretons are
> human, but Dark "Dunmer" elves, Wood elves, High elves and the lost
> "Dwemer" elves are all MER not men.

So what is the real deal with Dwemer? All the old-timers in this group
refer to them as elves, but my in-game journal says that "dwemer" is the
elven _word_ for long lost dwarves.
--
My NWN Work So Far: http://tinyurl.com/6xy2f
"Pits of red smoke and fog are usually bad."
- Tip from Doom3 Manual
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 9:22:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

everlast wrote:
>
> ToolPackinMama wrote:
> > True, men and mer are not the same. Imperials, Nords, Bretons are
> > human, but Dark "Dunmer" elves, Wood elves, High elves and the lost
> > "Dwemer" elves are all MER not men.
>
> So what is the real deal with Dwemer? All the old-timers in this group
> refer to them as elves, but my in-game journal says that "dwemer" is the
> elven _word_ for long lost dwarves.

Mer is the elven word for "elf", it seems, so Dun-mer is Dark Elf and
Dwe-mer is... uh, a different kind of elf.
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 3:38:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

ToolPackinMama wrote:
> "Michael W. Ryder" wrote:
>
>
>>Yet you can trap Vivec and Almalexia, both who were originally human.
>
>
> Dude, they're "gods" when we meet them.

Anyone can call themselves a "god", but that is just a matter of
semantics. A modern day member of our military might be considered a
god to a much more primitive society.
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 3:38:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

"Michael W. Ryder" wrote:
>
> ToolPackinMama wrote:
> > "Michael W. Ryder" wrote:
> >
> >
> >>Yet you can trap Vivec and Almalexia, both who were originally human.
> >
> >
> > Dude, they're "gods" when we meet them.
>
> Anyone can call themselves a "god"

?

You mean IN THE GAME? I've seen little evidence of that.
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 9:32:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message news:<4133DC6A.E1DDB67A@lauragoodwin.org>...
> "Michael W. Ryder" wrote:
> >
> > ToolPackinMama wrote:
> > > "Michael W. Ryder" wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > >>Yet you can trap Vivec and Almalexia, both who were originally human.
> > >
> > >
> > > Dude, they're "gods" when we meet them.
> >
> > Anyone can call themselves a "god"
>
> ?
>
> You mean IN THE GAME? I've seen little evidence of that.


Actually, in the game, people become GODS by CHANGING a race so that
the new race believs they are gods. This is what the Almsivi
Triumvarit did to the chemeri (changed them into the dark elves) when
the three "became" gods. You can find this out by reading the
backstory in all those books lying around. When Almalexia, Vivec and
Sotha Sil did this (using the tools of Kragnerak at the heart of
Lorkhan), the three moved their souls outside the blessing of Arkay
(which protects people from having their souls trapped).

I learned a LOT new about the game when playing Tiki the Night Dancer,
a character who was obsessed with understanding the motivations of the
power bases of the world. (Tiki, BTW, was one of those characters
that came alive and took over the game.)
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 11:00:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

ToolPackinMama wrote:

> You can't soultrap Vampires. How about werewolves? I never tried.

You cannot soultrap Argonians either. Must be a bug in the game, as the
spell description says it works on animals.

SCNR,

Peter
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 11:00:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

Peter Strempel wrote:
>
> ToolPackinMama wrote:
>
> > You can't soultrap Vampires. How about werewolves? I never tried.
>
> You cannot soultrap Argonians either. Must be a bug in the game

No, Argonians are classed as people, as are Kahjiit, therefore they can
not be soultrapped. Gods and demons can be soultrapped, as can ghosts
and beasts, but mortal people can't be.

My question was about ~werewolves~.
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 11:42:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

ToolPackinMama wrote:
> Peter Strempel wrote:
>
>>ToolPackinMama wrote:
>>
>>
>>>You can't soultrap Vampires. How about werewolves? I never tried.
>>
>>You cannot soultrap Argonians either. Must be a bug in the game
>
>
> No, Argonians are classed as people, as are Kahjiit, therefore they can
> not be soultrapped. Gods and demons can be soultrapped, as can ghosts
> and beasts, but mortal people can't be.
>
> My question was about ~werewolves~.


I wonder if the limitations on soul trapping are in the spell or the
design of the spell as available to the common folk. I think the
limitations are inherent to the spells and items available. If it works
on a a scrib then that means that scribs have souls. If it doesn't work
on a race that is considered a member of the Empire then maybe there is
some restriction on the spell's use. Otherwise the fact that it doesn't
work on Argonians or Dunmer means that they have no souls.
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 2:27:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

DeAnn wrote:
>
> ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message news:<4133DC6A.E1DDB67A@lauragoodwin.org>...
> > "Michael W. Ryder" wrote:
> > >
> > > ToolPackinMama wrote:
> > > > "Michael W. Ryder" wrote:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >>Yet you can trap Vivec and Almalexia, both who were originally human.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Dude, they're "gods" when we meet them.
> > >
> > > Anyone can call themselves a "god"
> >
> > ?
> >
> > You mean IN THE GAME? I've seen little evidence of that.
>
> Actually, in the game, people become GODS by CHANGING a race so that
> the new race believs they are gods. This is what the Almsivi
> Triumvarit did to the chemeri (changed them into the dark elves) when
> the three "became" gods. You can find this out by reading the
> backstory in all those books lying around. When Almalexia, Vivec and
> Sotha Sil did this (using the tools of Kragnerak at the heart of
> Lorkhan), the three moved their souls outside the blessing of Arkay
> (which protects people from having their souls trapped).

Yes, I know, but that doesn't mean that anybody can become Gods just be
calling themselves Gods, as Michael above said. The Tribunal three
actually changed their own physical natures and are not mortal. They
actually did become Gods, which is why they are called Gods. BUT not
just anybody can do it. You don't become a God simply by calling
yourself a God.

I hope that clears up the confusion.
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 2:40:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
>DeAnn wrote:
>> ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message news:<4133DC6A.E1DDB67A@lauragoodwin.org>...
>> > "Michael W. Ryder" wrote:
>> > > ToolPackinMama wrote:
>> > > > "Michael W. Ryder" wrote:
>> > > >
>> > > >
>> > > >>Yet you can trap Vivec and Almalexia, both who were originally human.
>> > > >
>> > > >
>> > > > Dude, they're "gods" when we meet them.
>> > >
>> > > Anyone can call themselves a "god"
>> >

Anyone can be a god, but it takes grit to be a dog. - Fieval

>> > You mean IN THE GAME? I've seen little evidence of that.
>>
>> Actually, in the game, people become GODS by CHANGING a race so that
>> the new race believs they are gods. This is what the Almsivi
>> Triumvarit did to the chemeri (changed them into the dark elves) when
>> the three "became" gods. You can find this out by reading the
>> backstory in all those books lying around. When Almalexia, Vivec and
>> Sotha Sil did this (using the tools of Kragnerak at the heart of
>> Lorkhan), the three moved their souls outside the blessing of Arkay
>> (which protects people from having their souls trapped).
>
>Yes, I know, but that doesn't mean that anybody can become Gods just be
>calling themselves Gods, as Michael above said. The Tribunal three
>actually changed their own physical natures and are not mortal. They
>actually did become Gods, which is why they are called Gods.

I wouldn't exactly consider the Tribunal gods. They and Dagoth Ur
aquired god-like powers, which have made them powerful and ageless,
but they aren't truely immortal, omniscient or omnipotent. I would
classify them more as demigods. "False Gods" as the ashlanders call
them.
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 4:37:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

:p eter Strempel wrote:
:>
:> ToolPackinMama wrote:
:>
:> > You can't soultrap Vampires. How about werewolves? I never tried.
:>
:> You cannot soultrap Argonians either. Must be a bug in the game
:
:No, Argonians are classed as people, as are Kahjiit, therefore they can
:not be soultrapped. Gods and demons can be soultrapped, as can ghosts
:and beasts, but mortal people can't be.
:
:My question was about ~werewolves~.

I have tried _many_ times to soultrap werewolves and never have. I don't think
it is possible.
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 7:13:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

:p hant wrote:

> I wouldn't exactly consider the Tribunal gods. They and Dagoth Ur
> aquired god-like powers, which have made them powerful and ageless,
> but they aren't truely immortal, omniscient or omnipotent. I would
> classify them more as demigods. "False Gods" as the ashlanders call
> them.

Well, they did surrender their mortal natures and certainly aren't "just
plain folks" anymore.
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 7:14:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?)

DamFiNo wrote:
>
> ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

> :My question was about ~werewolves~.
>
> I have tried _many_ times to soultrap werewolves and never have. I don't think
> it is possible.

OK, thank you.
!