July 27th? What exactly is it going to mean?

Gormeroth

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
july 14th- NDA lifts, everyone ooos and ahhs about how sweet core 2 duo is. It's lived up to all our hopefully boyish expectations. a day that reaffirmed what we already knew.

july 23rd- Conroe officially release. some that pre order core 2s (i'm guessing) get their new toys in the mail. computer manufacters, (such as dell) i'm guessing, get their first pick of a limited inventory of core 2s that have shipped.

july 24th- a date which will live in infamy, dual core amd processors are now affordable, FINALLY. This is why it's awesome to have competition: everybody fucking wins!

july 27th- ???
i've seen this date thrown around here and there. Is this the actual date we can purchase our conroes?

saw this when searching for conroes on google: http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/intel/intel_CD2.asp?SRCCODE=WEBGOOTD&CMP=KNC-GOOGL

am i correct in assuming that in a couple days i can finally purchase my new system!?!

thanks for the info guys. boy these are exciting times!

gorm

Gormeroth

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
thank you sir.. but i must ask, what's up with that add on tigerdirect for 3pm EST on the 27th? will they be selling a grip of core 2s first come first serve?

Weeble

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2004
july 14th- NDA lifts, everyone ooos and ahhs about how sweet core 2 duo is. It's lived up to all our hopefully boyish expectations. a day that reaffirmed what we already knew.

july 23rd- Conroe officially release. some that pre order core 2s (i'm guessing) get their new toys in the mail. computer manufacters, (such as dell) i'm guessing, get their first pick of a limited inventory of core 2s that have shipped.

july 24th- a date which will live in infamy, dual core amd processors are now affordable, FINALLY. This is why it's awesome to have competition: everybody ****** wins!

july 27th- ???
i've seen this date thrown around here and there. Is this the actual date we can purchase our conroes?

saw this when searching for conroes on google: http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/intel/intel_CD2.asp?SRCCODE=WEBGOOTD&CMP=KNC-GOOGL

am i correct in assuming that in a couple days i can finally purchase my new system!?!

gorm

If you are in the UK the 'big' day won't mean a full release by the looks of it (this from Overclockers, a UK etailer;

E6300 OEM - 200 Units arriving Thursday/Friday this week!
E6300 - E6700 Retail - Today was just a paper launch only! What a flop! Intel and distributors say stock will not hit until middle of August but are guaranteeing that OcUK will be first with stock at beginning of August with plenty of product to clear all backorders and more.
X6800 - Plenty in stock still!

All I can say is what a big dissapointment as the 24th July (today) was a mere paper launch for Conroe, officially stock will not hit until Mid August but Intel have promised to make sure were the first UK stockist with product 1st week of August.

It appears the CPU's in big demand from the performance enthusiasts won't be shipping quite as early here as people thought. Probably a different situation in the USA though.

Mind you, according to the 'principle' established in Mrs Bytch's thread this actually means all the Conroes have flown off the shelves already, its not actually a delay, so look on the bright side.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
July 27th is what I like to refer to as V-I day. It is the actual release date for C2D.
I'll be sure to point out OCuk's comments to a couple of my buddies on the shipping docks.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

july 24th- a date which will live in infamy, dual core amd processors are now affordable, FINALLY. This is why it's awesome to have competition: everybody ****** wins!

july 27th- ???

gorm
I've posted this a few times, but everybody seems to be overlooking it.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2795&p=19

Intel Core 2 Extreme processor based systems and boxed product are expected to be available on the day of launch, 27 July. Intel Core 2 Duo processor based systems and boxed product [through places such as Newegg] are expected to be available from 7 August.

Sounds like OcUK either didn't receive this info, or forgot it.

wolverinero79

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2001
Ah ah ah, you guys are forgetting something that's rather recent.

The 27th is the launch date of Conroe. I believe it will also be the release of the NDA for something else...

:)

Give me an M

I could be wrong about what launching two chips at once means, but at the least, we'll hear what Intel has to say about Mr. M :-D