How long will an Intel ad on ATi's website will last?

kryojenix

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
This is my first thread started! :) Hope it's not too frivolous.

How long do you guys think the ad for the Gateway FX510XT will last on ATi's home page? The Gateway uses an X1900XTX Crossfire solution, but also uses an Intel 975 chipset supporting an Intel Extreme Edition dual core processor!!! :p

Haggard

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
ok i want you to think a little before you post your next thread.
with ati... where did they get most of their profit last year? from amd or intel? can ati afford to not take money from either one of these companies? ati (if they think about it should still support intel with discrete cards) if they dont amd is in trouble ati didnt make much of a profit last year and neither did amd. if ati loses money because amd screwed them up it would be soo bad. we would probably see amd reorg and a new ceo running the show. this would be a setback if you are wondering

Nicely said! :D

kryojenix

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
ok i want you to think a little before you post your next thread.
with ati... where did they get most of their profit last year? from amd or intel? can ati afford to not take money from either one of these companies? ati (if they think about it should still support intel with discrete cards) if they dont amd is in trouble ati didnt make much of a profit last year and neither did amd. if ati loses money because amd screwed them up it would be soo bad. we would probably see amd reorg and a new ceo running the show. this would be a setback if you are wondering

Nicely said! 8O

Alright! :evil: Somebody needs their head kicked in ... because it's getting too fat and bloated.

First of all - did you even look at the ad?? This was an advertisement for Gateway's high end system featuring Intel Extreme Edition processor and dual X1900XTX's

THE AD WAS NOT PLACED BY INTEL. THE AD WAS NOT EVEN PAID FOR BY GATEWAY. ATi PLACED THIS AD ON IT'S OWN HOMEPAGE TO PUBLICISE THEIR X1900XTX IN A CROSSFIRE SETUP.

The point is IT IS NOT A PAID AD FROM INTEL. It's not even an ad for Gateway. Its ATi's OWN PUBLICITY for X1900XTX Crossfire.

I was just making an honest comment, that ATi MIGHT focus their publicity towards AMD over Intel in the future and inviting speculation as to how long this particular ad may remain relevant. WE ALREADY KNOW INTEL WILL NOT BE RENEWING ATi'S LICENCE TO MAKE CHIPSETS FOR THEM, SO THEY'RE NOT GOING TO BE PUMPING PUBLICITY FOR THOSE CHIPSETS ARE THEY? THEY'LL BE FOCUSING ON THEIR GRAPHICS CARDS AND OTHER CHIPSETS SOON ENOUGH.

Do you enjoy being supercilious and condescending? Is it the only thing you have that can get you off? Too much beer, I'd say. And I guess Haggard just loves being a lackey.

For the record, the ad is still in place as I type this reply.