Secondary Domain Controller not working as a GC server

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 19, 2005 8:18:13 PM

Running Windows Server 2003 servers, AD
When I turn off my "PDC" domain controller, my secondary dc within the
site does not authenticate network logons. It is "checked" to be a
global catalog server, and replicates ok. Both are DNS and DHCP
servers. I've tried searching using keywords and haven't gotten any
really useful info. Does anyone know of any KB's that troubleshoot this
issue.
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 7:35:46 AM

"" wrote:
> Running Windows Server 2003 servers, AD
> When I turn off my "PDC" domain controller, my secondary dc
> within the
> site does not authenticate network logons. It is "checked" to
> be a
> global catalog server, and replicates ok. Both are DNS and
> DHCP
> servers. I've tried searching using keywords and haven't
> gotten any
> really useful info. Does anyone know of any KB's that
> troubleshoot this
> issue.

any error in the event log?
what does DCDIAG /V say?