Can a network drive be mapped in AD Users and Computers?

When the user logs in I want them to have a mapped drive on the machine
they are at and at each machine they login to, under their login. It
is not for user profile or anything like that. It is just a path they
need for other documents.

So, if I want, say, J:\myunc\myfolder, can that be done with AD User
and Computers? I have tried \\net use in the past but they have
restrictions on what they can and cannot do, or at least they did on
98, which some of these clients still are.

Thank you for any help.

In news:1127307001.481192.112840@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
needin4mation@gmail.com <needin4mation@gmail.com> made this post, which I
then commented about below:
> When the user logs in I want them to have a mapped drive on the
> machine they are at and at each machine they login to, under their
> login. It is not for user profile or anything like that. It is just
> a path they need for other documents.
>
> So, if I want, say, J:\myunc\myfolder, can that be done with AD User
> and Computers? I have tried \\net use in the past but they have
> restrictions on what they can and cannot do, or at least they did on
> 98, which some of these clients still are.
>
> Thank you for any help.

Have you tried in a logon script using a GPO? Of course, this won't work
with Win9x or NT4. For those operating systems, you'll have to use the NT4
style logon script by placing the script in the NETLOGON share, and
specifying the script name under the AD user profile tab in the logon script
box.

--
Regards,
Ace

If this post is viewed at a non-Microsoft community website, and you were to
respond to it through that community's website, I may not see your reply.
Therefore, please direct all replies ONLY to the Microsoft public newsgroup
this thread originated in so all can benefit.

confers no rights.