Force New Computer to OU

Hello everybody,

i'm a newbie in a windows server system, i have a question that want to ask

Is it possible to force a new joined computer to be a member of an
Organizational Unit ?
So that someone who have an account in a domain can join a new computer,
but those computer will be automaticaly linked with Group policy

Thanks In Advance,
Agus Setiawan

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:31:19 +0700, Haggy Shanakiev <hagsev@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>
>i'm a newbie in a windows server system, i have a question that want to ask
>
>Is it possible to force a new joined computer to be a member of an
>Organizational Unit ?
>So that someone who have an account in a domain can join a new computer,
>but those computer will be automaticaly linked with Group policy
>
>Thanks In Advance,
>Agus Setiawan

See tip 7617 » How can I get the NET commands to add users, groups, and computers to an Organization Unit that I define?
in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

See tip 8552 » In which Organizational Units is the logged on user able to create machine accounts?

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com