Slow loading and applying of personal settings when login ..

Lately I have noticed that some client workstations takes
as long as 5 minutes to load and apply personal settings
when login on to the domain. We haven't changed anything
in the server (still on Service Pack 2) but we have
updated every workstation attached to the domain to
Service Pack 4. Could that be the reason? By updating
the server service pack, will that correct the problem?
Also, the reason I said some workstation earlier is
because I have a handful of workstation that does not have
this problem.

Also, we have just recently attached an XP workstation to
the domain. Could that have contributed to the problem?

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Mary,
Your question leaves a lot to the imagination of the
reader.
What OS are your clients?
Describe the network that services your domain.
Describe the hardware that make your physical structure of
your network.
Describe your domain.
Is everything connected via CAT5/6, etc or wireless?
What is different about the clients that are not
expericesing problems?
Is anything being reported in the event logs of the
clients? What about the server's event logs.
Do the clients know where all the servers are or do they
have to discover every log on?
Has your network manager been tweeking the network to help
you?
Does some client worker bring programs from home to run on
their work computer?
Is there someone who wants your job? One on my sisters'
attages is ,"Behind every successful man is a woman
waiting for his job."
The questions are not in order of logical implementation.