grizzman

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
I just built this system 2 weeks ago and everything has been fine till this morning. I had setup a Raid 1 on my system and this morning when I booted up my Bios had reset the SATA from Raid to IDE. When I reset it to Raid the system won't boot back into XP. If I set it back to IDE it works fine. Do I have to start all over again by reformating the drives and setting up RAID again?

Alyarbank

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
What does the Disk Manager say it is?

Right click "My Computer" select "Manage" then click "Disk Management". It should tell you its a RAID set. Also look at the size of the partition. Also posting your hardware description would help alot. If it still boots up it should be fine. Most boards require a key combo like ctrl+W or something to get to the RAID BIOS.

Really need more info to comment further. :wink:

grizzman

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
My hardware specs are at the bottom of all my posts. Windows doesn't see the drives as RAID anymore since the Bios reset to IDE.

AngelDeath82

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
What does the Disk Manager say it is?

Right click "My Computer" select "Manage" then click "Disk Management". It should tell you its a RAID set. Also look at the size of the partition. Also posting your hardware description would help alot. If it still boots up it should be fine. Most boards require a key combo like ctrl+W or something to get to the RAID BIOS.

Really need more info to comment further. :wink:

Actually, with him running Windows XP, Disk Management will not tell him that they are part of a RAID set. As Windows XP does not support RAID natively (and cannot boot from a soft-RAID using the hacked dll files).

However, he has plainly stated that he is using the onboard RAID functionality built into his SATA controller (Intel Matrix RAID most likely based on his motherboard). This leads me to a question: did he recently upgrade his chipset drivers from Intel?

grizzman

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
No chipset upgrades have been done. Latest BIOS version was installed right after OS installed 2 weeks ago. RAID worked fine after the BIOS upgraded. This change in the BIOS happened 2 weeks later without me changing it. Do I have to reset back to RAID in BIOS and format the drives all over again from scratch?