Level 2 and rich

Though I've never finished the MQ (I'm a chronic restarted), I do know
this game pretty much backwards and forwards. After a dozen or so levels
with a character, I tend to get bored. And I think I know why.

It's too easy. I'm Level 2, and already have some very nice armor, a
Deadric spear, and over 30,000 gold.

At Level 2, I feel I should be drawing straws to choose from sleeping in
a bed that night at an inn, or repairing my weapon. I should be just barely
scrapping by, but instead I'm already richer than any of the established
merchants.

Is anyone aware of a mod that will perhaps give me a harder time of
things? And I don't mean anything like Giants, I'm speaking mostly of the
economic model here.

TIA

--
Br0kenrabbit
Ignorance is destiny,

    Br0kenrabbit wrote:

    > Is anyone aware of a mod that will perhaps give me a harder
    > time of things? And I don't mean anything like Giants, I'm
    > speaking mostly of the economic model here.

    Yep. It's called "Do The Rigth Thing".
    Anytime you gain a hunnerd golds, sell all your amrmour and
    weapons for 0 drakes, a presente to the buyer.
    Much more free and much purer...
    Ah, better than a vegan...

    Vilco

    Obviously I am doing something wrong as at level 2 I never have any cash
    available. :)

    However, you might find the Balanced Weapons/Armors/Objects mod
    collection useful:
    http://www.tadnan-hideout.com/MW/main.html

    Stats and prices are drastically lowered for high-end stuff and raised
    for the low-end stuff. So at the beginning you can sell the trash loot
    for some relatively good cash (silver dagger now ~300 instead 40) but
    later on you find those daedric weapons are just worth around 2000.

    I, who never has any cash around level 1-5, found this mod quite helpful
    for the start because it makes easier cash for some beginner loot. And
    later on you don't get those ridiculous high sales from daedric and
    ebony things.
    Besides the prices the mods are neat as they adjust the weapon/armor
    stats as well, making those daedric weapons much less powerful. Still
    good enough, though.

    I really don't know how to swim in money at level 2, so quite possible
    the mods don't help with something I'm not aware of now.

    Peter

    Br0kenrabbit wrote:

    > Though I've never finished the MQ (I'm a chronic restarted), I do know
    > this game pretty much backwards and forwards. After a dozen or so levels
    > with a character, I tend to get bored. And I think I know why.
    >
    > It's too easy. I'm Level 2, and already have some very nice armor, a
    > Deadric spear, and over 30,000 gold.
    >
    > At Level 2, I feel I should be drawing straws to choose from sleeping in
    > a bed that night at an inn, or repairing my weapon. I should be just barely
    > scrapping by, but instead I'm already richer than any of the established
    > merchants.
    >
    > Is anyone aware of a mod that will perhaps give me a harder time of
    > things? And I don't mean anything like Giants, I'm speaking mostly of the
    > economic model here.
    >
    > TIA

    It's like solitair, it's all about how you play. Make up new rules to
    change the game.

    For instance, in my current game, I am putting all examples of anything
    that I find into my collection first, and only once I have extras do I
    wear it or sell it. Likewise, I am focusing on quests that I have not
    done yet. Finally, I am only upgrading to what I win through combat.
    This all slows me down. I like that.

    CH

    I know on XBOX GOTY you can adjust the difficulty..maybe this will help??

    mainunderdawg wrote:
    > I know on XBOX GOTY you can adjust the difficulty..maybe this will
    > help??

    When i play i always pick up a few thing whilst at level one.
    Gauntlets, amulet of shadows and few ring don't remember their names. I then
    purchase a few spell and robe the great houses. These items are very handy.

    I am amazed how much you can do without lvling up. I wanted to do the whole
    game as lvl1 but some of the story quests are not available :(.

    AKA Sparkticus

    --

    Madness has no purpose. Or reason. But it may have a goal.

    "The Alternative Factor," stardate 3088.7. Mr Spock TOS

Games Video Games Product