h6315

December 14, 2004 4:19:37 AM

Anyone have any comments on this unit?

More about : h6315

Anonymous
December 14, 2004 4:42:10 AM

Not enough memory. Great battery life but at the expense of performance.
OK phone but nothing special. IMO wait another generation for GSM/GPRS to
mature with the PDA market. $599 is way to much for what you get. All that
said not much beats carrying a single device that does so much :-)

Mitch

"Henry DiGregorio" <henrygd@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Anyone have any comments on this unit?

December 14, 2004 8:46:07 AM

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 01:19:37 GMT, "Henry DiGregorio"
<henrygd@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Anyone have any comments on this unit?

You'll find a diversity of opinions on this unit. Myself, I just gave
up on it after 3 months, because I just couldn't live with the lockups
and faulty phone any longer. This is after (3) replacements.

A_C
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 9:36:17 PM

"Henry DiGregorio" <henrygd@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Anyone have any comments on this unit?

Check our review: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3544

December 15, 2004 11:18:18 AM

Can I use GPS on the 6315 in Australia ?
Also what carriers can I use for the phone support on the 6315 in oz ?

"Henry DiGregorio" <henrygd@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Anyone have any comments on this unit?

Anonymous
December 16, 2004 12:29:39 AM

You can use it with any GSM/GPRS operator (providing the unit you buy is not
SIM locked). It should work on Vodafone and Optus.

Yes, you can use a Bluetooth GPS with the h6315, although the current
Bluetooth software seems a little bit faulty. But I hear HP should release
an update sometime soon.

"Hulkster" <Youwish@home.com> wrote in message
> Can I use GPS on the 6315 in Australia ?
> Also what carriers can I use for the phone support on the 6315 in oz ?
>
> "Henry DiGregorio" <henrygd@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Anyone have any comments on this unit?

December 16, 2004 12:29:40 AM

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:29:39 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]"
<dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote:

>But I hear HP should release
>an update sometime soon.

I've been hearing that ever since August. Sort of like waiting for
Godot...

A_C
December 19, 2004 5:36:48 PM

We've tested 5 units of which 4 had to be replaced (under warranty)
immediately
due to different problems.. however, even replacing the units there are some
MAJOR
TECHNICAL PROBLEMS WITH ALL H63xx iPAQS.

Juhani Suhonen

!