team2b

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2007
Getting a new computer, i have a laptop (sony vaio). which is quickly going to shit. and i was batting around the idea of getting a desk top.

I was thinking of spending around 1100-1400 not sure what that will get me. gaming not a high priority, but possible. mainly internet, videos, would like to include decent or a good surround sound system in the package.

any ideas let me know thanks.

If you dont care about gaming, then 500 will get you a computer and another 300 for some THX speakers from Creative.

However, the reasons why your expensive VIAO is going to **** may apply to your computer usage, and not the computer itself.

team2b

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2007
what type of usage are you refering to.? music and surfing the net, havent used it in close to a year and the second day i began to use it again, i started having problems with it.

i would get into gaming if i actually had a computer that would, play it a little more smoothly.

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Some send actual CDs , others (most) have a restore partition on the hard drive. Press some special key (F-11, shift-F12, ?? - check the manual) to load a restoration utility and it will reset your software to the way it was when they shipped it to you.

If you've replaced the hard drive, or deleted the restore partition, sometimes they can send you a set of CDs.

Mike.