Pointing Workstations at MS SUS?

Mei

I have the SUS server installed and properly configured but I can't figure
out where on the workstation side I can actually "point" the "Automatic
Updates Tab" to look at my server?
Thanks!

--------------------
>From: "MEI" <MEI@MEI.COM>
>Subject: Pointing Workstations at MS SUS?
>Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 09:41:12 -0700
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server
>
>I have the SUS server installed and properly configured but I can't figure
>out where on the workstation side I can actually "point" the "Automatic
>Updates Tab" to look at my server?
>Thanks!
----

There is no way through the Automatic Updates (AU) GUI to point AU to the SUS server. We can either do it through a
GPO, through a local policy or through the registry. The "Software Update Services Deployment White Paper", which is
available at the site below, explains how to set this up using either of these methods.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/sus/susdeployment.mspx

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Shouldn't this question be in the Software Updates group??

Configuration is explained in the downloadable Word document that goes with SUS. You configure the update source (as well as several other options) via either the Registry, or via a group policy add-in that comes with SUS. RTBM!