moving print server

wendy

Hi,

I'm trying to move the print server from our current win2k server to another win2k server. I installed the new print drivers on the new server I would like it to host the print server duties. I was able to print test pages when I set up the printers on the new server but when a user maps the printer, he/she is unable to print with the following error:

The document Test Page owned by <user> failed to print. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 3003 (0xbbb).

Do I have to delete the printers on the old server to have this one effective?

Thanks,

Wendy

--------------------
>From: "=?Utf-8?B?V2VuZHk=?=" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Subject: moving print server
>Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 13:21:05 -0700
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server
>
>Hi,

I'm trying to move the print server from our current win2k server to another win2k server. I installed the new print drivers on
the new server I would like it to host the print server duties. I was able to print test pages when I set up the printers on the
new server but when a user maps the printer, he/she is unable to print with the following error:

The document Test Page owned by <user> failed to print. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 3003 (0xbbb).

Do I have to delete the printers on the old server to have this one effective?

Thanks,

Wendy

----

Wendy,

Take a look at the following web site to see if any of the information there is helpful.

http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=61&eventno=47&source=Print&phase=1

If the printers are using print server devices, like JetDirect devices, you may need to check to make sure they are not
configured to except data from a specific IP address, like the IP address for the original print server.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

bpeele@online.microsoft.com (Bill Peele [MS]) wrote in message news:<dGJsHxjHEHA.2304@cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl>...

> The document Test Page owned by <user> failed to print. Win32 error code
> returned by the print processor: 3003 (0xbbb).
>
> Do I have to delete the printers on the old server to have this one
> effective?

No. This should have no effect. What is the printer make/model
and how does the server communicate with it?

You may simply need to reinstall the printer on the new server.

--
Matt Hickman
'In the Moon' is the way we say it... the living quarters are