Yet another "I need a new Graphic card" !

Pisungen

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006
So I'm finally going to trash that old radeon 9500 with a broken fan :p

What I need is a passive cooled, cheap, but still well performing(man that's alot) PCI-E card...

What I'm looking at is the Sapphire ULTIMATE series... So I'm at

X1600XT vs X800GTO

Which has the higher performance?

If you have any suggestions about other cards at the same price(+/- 100$ MAX!) please let me know, but it would be nice if you could still post your opinion on the two radeons, since the one you suggest might not be compatible with what I'm going to use...

Thanks in advance!

Pisungen

kaotao

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
You want to upgrade from a ATI 9500, so can I assume that you do not have PCI-Express x16 and are upgrading your mobo as well?

kaotao

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
The X1600XT has newer features (HDR, AVIVO, SM 3.0) as it's a generation above the X800GTO, but the X800GTO will out perform the 1600XT.

The X1600XT has newer features (HDR, AVIVO, SM 3.0) as it's a generation above the X800GTO, but the X800GTO will out perform the 1600XT.

Perfect answer. I just made the decision to get the x1800xt instead of the x850xt for the reasons you stated. I would have been happy with the x850xt's performance. Then I realized it will be no time my son will load a new game on and it won't load because the x850xt will be lacking in the latest technologys available. I skipped the x1600 series. Good price there, but no performance with the 128 bit interface. GREAT ANSWER.

So I'm finally going to trash that old radeon 9500 with a broken fan :p

What I need is a passive cooled, cheap, but still well performing(man that's alot) PCI-E card...

What I'm looking at is the Sapphire ULTIMATE series... So I'm at

X1600XT vs X800GTO

Which has the higher performance?

If you have any suggestions about other cards at the same price(+/- 100$ MAX!) please let me know, but it would be nice if you could still post your opinion on the two radeons, since the one you suggest might not be compatible with what I'm going to use...

Thanks in advance!

Pisungen

I was an inch away from driving over and purchasing this PLATINUM edition x850xt. Bought the x1800xt for 30 bannanas more.

I bet this is a super nice vid card.

EDIT $50 rebate on this card till 7/31! :D

http://microcenter.com/byos/byos_single_product_results.phtml?product_id=234367

Man that X850XTpe would have been a kick butt AGP deal. $200-$50 rebate; I'd would had been forced to buy one. :oops:

Hey Pauldh,

I was just sitting here reclocking my Pentium D 805 Smithfield with it's brand new Sapphire x1800xt vid card.

Yeah, the card went in without a single hitch. Funny, as you can see I have all this in an ASPIRE X-QPack Micro Case! The 1800xt cleared on the top by like about 1/8 of an inch. The card runs from back clear to near the front panel. Haha! I got it crammed in though.

The papers in front of the computer in the picture are all my O'cing notes and calculations. Let's see E=MC square... 8O
Here's my new specs:

Pentium D 805 Smithfield 3.5
ASUS P5LD2-VM Micro 945G
OCZ GOLD 512 x 4 PC5400 667mhz.
Sapphire x1800xt 256mb.
WD 74 SATA Raptor
Sony DVD
Pioneer RW
Coolermaster coppercore H/F
Logitech 2.2 speakers
Aspire X-QPack 3 window Micro case
XInfinity 500w PSU (Full ATX, yeah I fit it in here!)

One of my son's friends is coming over. I'll let him play WoW and Counterstrike on here tonight When he was younger He used to come over and crash my computers with spyware and viruses. I like him because he challenged me! LOL! I've fixed his computer so many times he stopped crashing mine. He may melt my new card! :D He fried a processor of mine once. Left my computer running all day and all night and fell asleep in the back room with the doors and windows closed tight in July.

Yeah, that ATI 850xt Platinum looks like a nice card.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9516/littlecomputerdcrr0.jpg