VoicePulse over Sunrocket, and general reliability ?

Hi,

I've had Sunrocket since January and I am completely fed up with
frequent outages. The situation seems to be deteriorating rather than
improving.

I am not ready to give up on VOIP just yet. I have done some research
and it seems that VoicePulse has somewhat better reliability. Can
someone share their opinion or experience with this service ? Also, is
there a good site where I could do a VOIP provider reliability check ?

Until a short time ago I was not seeing many SR complaints. Then lately
things seem to have really gotten bad. OTOH since their CEO put out a msg
ack the problem and describing the fix it appears they might have a handle
on it.

I have the sense that some of the other smaller operations could get into
the same problem of getting caught by fast traffic growth. A lot of the
node equipment has the problem that the stuff works fine until it hits some
level then it crashes.

"Amamba" <egroy@mailexcite.com> wrote in message
Hi,

I've had Sunrocket since January and I am completely fed up with frequent
outages. The situation seems to be deteriorating rather than improving.

I am not ready to give up on VOIP just yet. I have done some research and it
seems that VoicePulse has somewhat better reliability. Can someone share
their opinion or experience with this service ? Also, is there a good site
where I could do a VOIP provider reliability check ?

I've been happy with SunRocket. I know they had an outage last week,
but I got noticed ten free Rewards points were added to my account. At
least they are trying to make it up to their subscribers in one way or
another.

I have had sunrocket for a while now. With the exception of lsst week
they have great service, with hardly any outages.

I do know that they were upgrading last week. I really think that the
service is good, and will probably have intermitten problems no
matter who you sign up with.. Just the nature of the beast.....

This is the second major outage in a couple of months, and I have 20
reward points by now, that I wish I could stuck up their collective
behind. There were also numerous smaller outages since I got the
service in January, too many to count. These are just the ones that
I've noticed. There's no way to tell that you have no service until you
try to place a call. Their service started poor when I signed up, then
seemed to improve for a while, then took a sharp turn for the worse. I
am 90% ready to switch, but I figured at least I'll give them another
chance until the year I paid for expires, and then re-evaluate the
situation. However, if there's just one more outage, I'll switch
immediately. So far, the VoicePulse seems to be the best choice.

NoOne

On 13 Sep 2005 13:02:20 -0700, "Amamba" <egroy@mailexcite.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've had Sunrocket since January and I am completely fed up with
>frequent outages. The situation seems to be deteriorating rather than
>improving.
>
>I am not ready to give up on VOIP just yet. I have done some research
>and it seems that VoicePulse has somewhat better reliability. Can
>someone share their opinion or experience with this service ? Also, is
>there a good site where I could do a VOIP provider reliability check ?

Amamba, I've had VoicePulse for about 2 yrs now and I'd recommend
them.

The nice thing about them is that when I had issues, I could call
their Cust. Srvce and talk to people that had a good grasp of their
product.

Zeng

adabristian wrote:
> I have had sunrocket for a while now. With the exception of lsst week
> they have great service, with hardly any outages.
>
> I do know that they were upgrading last week. I really think that the
> service is good, and will probably have intermitten problems no
> matter who you sign up with.. Just the nature of the beast.....

I totally agree with your sentiments. None of these VoIP companies are
yet fool proof. SunRocket has been pretty good, and it's definitely
cheaper than the others, especially given the features they offer.

It may be fine compared to other voip's but when folks say it works fine I
just wanted to clarify that it's not working fine compared to my POTS line.

I agree it's a great deal 'cept that it doesn't work well enough for me to
give up my POTS