Hosting multiple websites using separate static IP's

I am adding another website (domain) on my server and want to host it
using separate static IP address. How do I do this? Do I configure a
second local area connection and attach a separate cable to my
machine? I can't quite get a grip on this and need all the help I
can/ Thanks in advance. Dan

Dan Hennigan <dan@willsforamerica.com> wrote in message news:<ihke7059kida27oojgsn8t3s0r5ussbbd3@4ax.com>...
> I am adding another website (domain) on my server and want to host it
> using separate static IP address. How do I do this? Do I configure a
> second local area connection and attach a separate cable to my
> machine? I can't quite get a grip on this and need all the help I
> can/ Thanks in advance. Dan

You can have multiple IP addresses for a single physical network
connection.

http://www.support.psi.com/support/common/inet-serv/tcpip/2000/win2k_tcpip.html#static

Not sure why you'd want to use IP addresses to distinguish between
websites, when host headers do the job and don't gobble up limited
address resources.

--
Matt Hickman
There was no news from Iowa, but when is there any news from Iowa?