Dual Lan and Wireless Questions.

Dionysus

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2003
I recently purchased the Asus a7n8x Deluxe board and I have no idea what a dual lan can do for me. Any examples of what I can do, and maybe a quick run down on how it will open up a whole new world of possibilities. Thanks.

Since I am typing here is another question one of you may be able to answer. My neighbor has a cable modem, so I conveniently put a wireless router over there, and have the usb adapter on my pc next door. I am still ironing out a few kings. However, what I am wanting is to have a few friends over and have a bit of a lan party. I purchased an extra usb adapter however that only will get one pc online. Can I get a wireless access point and plug a switch into it, then the other computers into the switch? Or can I plug a switch into my dual lan card and plug the other pcs into it? What I want to accomplish is just have a way to plug multiple pcs via ethernet into a single wireless device, aside from the router, which is too far and awkward to run a cable. Thanks again.

Cloaked

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2003
the only real use for dual lan is haveing that comp act as a router, and the only reason you would need that is if you were running a large corporate network