Enchanted weapons I have loved (list yours here)

I once lusted for questworthy items like Umbra and Goldbrand, but it
finally occurred to me (as it no doubt has to most of you by now) that,
with the proper weapon, a soultrapped Golden Saint, and the kind
assistance of a professional enchanter, my character could bear and
wield a custom-created weapon of greater practical value.

Practical? OK, maybe practical isn't the best word.

Lord Luc Outte (for example) had the uncommon good fortune to acquire
(by perfectly decent, legal means) a Daedric staff, and he had the
presence of mind to have it enchanted with a whopping 20-plus points of
fire-damage-for-3-seconds. If the ruffian that is attacking him isn't
killed by one blow immediately, he just waits three seconds while the
slow-roasting after-effect gradually kills him. He likes to tap his
would-be assassin once, lightly, and then back off watching and
patiently waiting as the thug stews to death in a gravy of his own
blood.

::shudder::

We dubbed it the Hellbringer. You touched the pretty, exquisite shirt
of the wrong Breton today, my dear rude fellow.

For more serious antagonists, Luc now carries a Daedric Dai-Katana
that's enchanted with big-fire- damage-on-other, soul-trap on other, and
10 seconds of sheild-on-self... because he still refuses to wear armor,
silly vain thing.
19 answers Last reply
More about enchanted weapons loved list here

    ToolPackinMama wrote:
    > I once lusted for questworthy items like Umbra and Goldbrand, but it
    > finally occurred to me (as it no doubt has to most of you by now) that,
    > with the proper weapon, a soultrapped Golden Saint, and the kind
    > assistance of a professional enchanter, my character could bear and
    > wield a custom-created weapon of greater practical value.
    >
    > Practical? OK, maybe practical isn't the best word.
    >
    > Lord Luc Outte (for example) had the uncommon good fortune to acquire
    > (by perfectly decent, legal means) a Daedric staff, and he had the
    > presence of mind to have it enchanted with a whopping 20-plus points of
    > fire-damage-for-3-seconds. If the ruffian that is attacking him isn't
    > killed by one blow immediately, he just waits three seconds while the
    > slow-roasting after-effect gradually kills him. He likes to tap his
    > would-be assassin once, lightly, and then back off watching and
    > patiently waiting as the thug stews to death in a gravy of his own
    > blood.
    >
    > ::shudder::
    >
    > We dubbed it the Hellbringer. You touched the pretty, exquisite shirt
    > of the wrong Breton today, my dear rude fellow.
    >
    > For more serious antagonists, Luc now carries a Daedric Dai-Katana
    > that's enchanted with big-fire- damage-on-other, soul-trap on other, and
    > 10 seconds of sheild-on-self... because he still refuses to wear armor,
    > silly vain thing.

    I still prefer Sunder (or Skull Crusher if not at that level yet). One
    good critical hit will drop most "donors" without damaging the goods.
    The few that survive the first hit are usually in no condition to strike
    back before being removed from the gene pool.

    I generally prefer small enchantments because I usually fight often
    enough that large ones are always in a drained state. I also prefer
    protection against "reflection" of whatever the enchantment is.

    For a long time, I used two weapons, an area effect that I was
    immune/resistnat to (e.g., an area effect frost if I was a Nord, or
    poison if an Orc/Argonian, etc.) and a restore/absorb health weapon.
    Usually, both were set to cost no more than 1 or 2 mana per strike.

    Lately, I've come to prefer a cast-bound-weapon-on-strike, again set
    to cost only 1=3 mana. For example, if a short-sword spcialiast, cast
    a 38 second bound dagger on a daedric/ebony/silver/steel short sword.
    This means your weapon never gets dull (effectively, anyway), because
    you are usually striking with a newly arrived bound weapon. For
    similar reaons, I like bound armor, if playing a character ammenable
    to light armor or no armor. The armor can be repaired, midbattle, by
    simlply taking off and on the item creating the bound armor. Using
    bound weapons lightens up a character a lot. You can carry, for
    exmaple, a smallish silver axe, but attack with a mighty daedric bound
    axe. Karunch!

    The only drawback is that, occasionally, the bound weapons do not
    disappear. So I slowly accumulate a weightless stack of bound
    whatevers that cannot be put down or sold off.

    "Michael W. Ryder" wrote:

    > I still prefer Sunder (or Skull Crusher if not at that level yet).

    Yes, Skull Crusher is a really excellent weapon. I especially like that
    it's enchanted with its ow weight in feather, so it's weightless to
    carry, unless you swap weapons.

    It's hilariously huge. I LOL to look at my character when he/she is
    waving it around. :) Like the sword you are awarded in Tribunal ep.
    Trueflame: LOL huge, and it doubles as a lantern. :)

    DeAnn wrote:

    > Lately, I've come to prefer a cast-bound-weapon-on-strike, again set
    > to cost only 1=3 mana. For example, if a short-sword spcialiast, cast
    > a 38 second bound dagger on a daedric/ebony/silver/steel short sword.
    > This means your weapon never gets dull (effectively, anyway), because
    > you are usually striking with a newly arrived bound weapon. For
    > similar reaons, I like bound armor, if playing a character ammenable
    > to light armor or no armor. The armor can be repaired, midbattle, by
    > simlply taking off and on the item creating the bound armor. Using
    > bound weapons lightens up a character a lot. You can carry, for
    > exmaple, a smallish silver axe, but attack with a mighty daedric bound
    > axe. Karunch!

    LOL, I'm playing a Breton character right now that is a conjurer, and
    she only uses bound weapons. The second or so she takes to whip one up
    costs her precious time though, so I may have her use your method from
    now on.

    "DeAnn" <von.sagrillo@verizon.net> wrote:
    > I generally prefer small enchantments because I usually fight often
    > enough that large ones are always in a drained state.

    Complete Azura's Quest and get Azura's Star. Enchant every weapon you have
    with soultrap on strike for 2 seconds, plus a totally killer amount of
    fire/frost/whatever damage. After killing creature (won't take long with
    all that elemental damage), use the trapped soul in Azura's Star to recharge
    your weapon. Now you don't have to worry about running out of enchantment
    charge. And if your enchant skill is lousy, don't worry - it will rise
    *really* fast as you recharge items. At lower levels, it only takes 3 or 4
    recharges to gain a level. While you will fail far more often than you
    succeed, Azura's Star can't be destroyed, only the soul inside it can be
    destroyed. Take a walk along the bitter coast, kill a few dozen mudcrabs
    and cliff racers, recharge your items with their souls, and you will start
    gaining enchant levels at a furious pace.

    --
    Rick Cavalla
    rac22@NO.erols.SPAM.com

    Rick Cavalla wrote:

    > "DeAnn" <von.sagrillo@verizon.net> wrote:
    > > I generally prefer small enchantments because I usually fight often
    > > enough that large ones are always in a drained state.
    >
    > Complete Azura's Quest and get Azura's Star. Enchant every weapon you have
    > with soultrap on strike for 2 seconds, plus a totally killer amount of
    > fire/frost/whatever damage. After killing creature (won't take long with
    > all that elemental damage), use the trapped soul in Azura's Star to recharge
    > your weapon. Now you don't have to worry about running out of enchantment
    > charge. And if your enchant skill is lousy, don't worry - it will rise
    > *really* fast as you recharge items. At lower levels, it only takes 3 or 4
    > recharges to gain a level. While you will fail far more often than you
    > succeed, Azura's Star can't be destroyed, only the soul inside it can be
    > destroyed. Take a walk along the bitter coast, kill a few dozen mudcrabs
    > and cliff racers, recharge your items with their souls, and you will start
    > gaining enchant levels at a furious pace.

    Shouldn't it be mentioned that a low-level character probably will have
    a very difficult time in earning Azura's star?

    DeAnn wrote:

    > Lately, I've come to prefer a cast-bound-weapon-on-strike

    Nifty idea, have to try that. :)

    So far my favourite enchantment is a slight absorb health effect. I
    usually like shortblades, so I hit often and the charges shouldn't wear
    off too quick. This doesn't replace healing, but "borrowing" a little
    health with each hit is quite useful. Something like absorb health 5-10
    for 1 or 2 seconds or so. I usually enchant my first daedric dagger with
    this, and until now I always carried the weapon among others, until the
    character retired.

    I once made a daedric wakizashi with 40-60 fire damage per hit. Way too
    overpowered, I had a ~level 10 character and the game suddenly got very
    easy. So I try to restrict myself a bit with the big-bang enchantments,
    or use them only for some nasty mods created by mean authors.

    Peter

    "ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
    > Shouldn't it be mentioned that a low-level character probably will have
    > a very difficult time in earning Azura's star?

    Certainly true, but I was speaking more of not needing a high *Enchant*
    level to make good use of Azura's Star. For a high-level fighter or thief,
    Azura's Star can be a great asset, and they shouldn't let a low Enchant
    skill hold them back. Making enchanted items is next to impossible for a
    fighter or thief (and not much easier for a mage!), but recharging enchanted
    items is something just about any character can do.
    --
    Rick Cavalla
    rac22@NO.erols.SPAM.com
    "Beyond me, night is total / And through the colonnades I walk..."

    DeAnn wrote:

    <snip>

    > The only drawback is that, occasionally, the bound weapons do not
    > disappear. So I slowly accumulate a weightless stack of bound
    > whatevers that cannot be put down or sold off.

    I've encountered the same problem with my "Silk Pants of Weaponry":
    Exquisite Pants with CE Bound mace/battle axe/spear. I'm not sure why,
    but having them not leave my inventory really annoys me. After much
    searching, I've found:

    Player->RemoveItem, "bound_battle_axe", 1
    Player->RemoveItem, "bound_spear", 1
    Player->RemoveItem, "bound_mace", 1

    to be quite useful.

    Cheers,
    joe.

    Joe Mama <bloodywanker@drugsmakemecool.com> wrote in message news:<413e6539$0$22460$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>...

    > Player->RemoveItem, "bound_battle_axe", 1
    > Player->RemoveItem, "bound_spear", 1
    > Player->RemoveItem, "bound_mace", 1

    Thanks!

    Rick Cavalla wrote:

    > "ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
    > > Shouldn't it be mentioned that a low-level character probably will have
    > > a very difficult time in earning Azura's star?
    >
    > Certainly true, but I was speaking more of not needing a high *Enchant*
    > level to make good use of Azura's Star. For a high-level fighter or thief,
    > Azura's Star can be a great asset, and they shouldn't let a low Enchant
    > skill hold them back. Making enchanted items is next to impossible for a
    > fighter or thief (and not much easier for a mage!), but recharging enchanted
    > items is something just about any character can do.

    Thank for the clarification.

    ToolPackinMama wrote:

    > For more serious antagonists, Luc now carries a Daedric Dai-Katana
    > that's enchanted with big-fire- damage-on-other, soul-trap on
    > other, and 10 seconds of sheild-on-self... because he still
    > refuses to wear armor, silly vain thing.

    How's that? You can not place an armor on your
    character's figure? Or is it a trait you play
    as a role-game player should?

    Vilco

    Vilco wrote:

    > ToolPackinMama wrote:
    >
    > > For more serious antagonists, Luc now carries a Daedric Dai-Katana
    > > that's enchanted with big-fire- damage-on-other, soul-trap on
    > > other, and 10 seconds of sheild-on-self... because he still
    > > refuses to wear armor, silly vain thing.
    >
    > How's that? You can not place an armor on your
    > character's figure? Or is it a trait you play
    > as a role-game player should?

    No, he personally refuses to wear armor. I know how to make him wear
    armor. :)

    My conjurer gal has a gauntlet that's enchated with constant-effect
    daedric-dagger, and it is SO COOL! I don't ever have to sharpen the
    thing: I just take off the gauntlet, put it back on, and she's good to
    go!

    Plus it weighs nothing! How cool is that!? :)

    ToolPackinMama wrote:

    > My conjurer gal has a gauntlet that's enchated with
    > constant-effect daedric-dagger, and it is SO COOL! I don't ever
    > have to sharpen the thing: I just take off the gauntlet, put it
    > back on, and she's good to go!
    >
    > Plus it weighs nothing! How cool is that!? :)

    Not bad, while I'm still goin'around with some 150
    or 200 puonds of armor and sword.
    Why did I like that daedric lognsword? Strange, I
    can not remember :)))))

    Vilco

    "A special someone" <incestbeauty@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

    >I love to enchant an exquisite ring with lots of poison and cast it at
    >my enemies from a distance. A green smoky light shoots towards them,
    >then bombs them with green smoke, and they thrash about in agony,
    >second after glorious second, until they keel over. Delicious! And you
    >can put so much poison into an exquisite ring that no creature or
    >humanoid stands a chance!
    >Bwaaahahahahaha!

    LOL!!!

    I like to take an exquisite ring, and enchant it with 120sec invisibility
    on touch, and keep it handy for escourt missions. They're much easier when
    you only have to worry about attacks on yourself. For some reason npc's
    don't lose their cloak going through doors, etc.

    Another good one is to get constant effect slowfall 1pt. on anything. It's
    not enough to effect your movements at all, but it will prevent you from
    ever taking any damage from falling/jumping from any height. Which can make
    travel in the mountainous areas and Vivec Cantons much faster.

    :phant wrote:

    > I like to take an exquisite ring, and enchant it with 120sec invisibility
    > on touch, and keep it handy for escourt missions. They're much easier when
    > you only have to worry about attacks on yourself.

    Hey! Good idea!

    In article <v1l1k0lhkv1fr3baton7c8a255limb0p70@4ax.com>, :phant
    <phant@usagi.comix> wrote:

    > "A special someone" <incestbeauty@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
    >
    > >I love to enchant an exquisite ring with lots of poison and cast it at
    > >my enemies from a distance. A green smoky light shoots towards them,
    > >then bombs them with green smoke, and they thrash about in agony,
    > >second after glorious second, until they keel over. Delicious! And you
    > >can put so much poison into an exquisite ring that no creature or
    > >humanoid stands a chance!
    > >Bwaaahahahahaha!
    >
    > LOL!!!
    >
    > I like to take an exquisite ring, and enchant it with 120sec invisibility
    > on touch, and keep it handy for escourt missions. They're much easier when
    > you only have to worry about attacks on yourself. For some reason npc's
    > don't lose their cloak going through doors, etc.

    Brilliant!

    > Another good one is to get constant effect slowfall 1pt. on anything. It's
    > not enough to effect your movements at all, but it will prevent you from
    > ever taking any damage from falling/jumping from any height. Which can make
    > travel in the mountainous areas and Vivec Cantons much faster.

    Cool!

    "ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
    > I once lusted for questworthy items like Umbra and Goldbrand, but it
    > finally occurred to me (as it no doubt has to most of you by now) that,
    > with the proper weapon, a soultrapped Golden Saint, and the kind
    > assistance of a professional enchanter, my character could bear and
    > wield a custom-created weapon of greater practical value.
    >
    > Practical? OK, maybe practical isn't the best word.
    >
    > Lord Luc Outte (for example) had the uncommon good fortune to acquire
    > (by perfectly decent, legal means) a Daedric staff, and he had the
    > presence of mind to have it enchanted with a whopping 20-plus points of
    > fire-damage-for-3-seconds. If the ruffian that is attacking him isn't
    > killed by one blow immediately, he just waits three seconds while the
    > slow-roasting after-effect gradually kills him. He likes to tap his
    > would-be assassin once, lightly, and then back off watching and
    > patiently waiting as the thug stews to death in a gravy of his own
    > blood.
    >
    > ::shudder::
    >
    > We dubbed it the Hellbringer. You touched the pretty, exquisite shirt
    > of the wrong Breton today, my dear rude fellow.
    >
    > For more serious antagonists, Luc now carries a Daedric Dai-Katana
    > that's enchanted with big-fire- damage-on-other, soul-trap on other, and
    > 10 seconds of sheild-on-self... because he still refuses to wear armor,
    > silly vain thing.

    Talk about vanity...A fireball spell that hangs on 'em for 30 seconds?
    Its pretty even when I miss. Thank you Alemexia......-dennis

Games Video Games