copmaq r3000 problem

minty

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but im stumped. My lappys been running hot for quite some time now, and for no apprent reason. So i opened her up to clear out the heat sink and make sure the fan looked clean. After putting it back together, the thing doesnt boot. Its not the first time ive opened it up, and ive built tons of PCs before. Heres the problem. When i power it up, the power light comes on, the fan turns on, hard drive makes noise for a split second, i dont see any action on the hard drive light though. And in a pitch black room, the monitor shows absolutly nothing. It doesnt post at all. Now when i removed the heat sink, i cleaned up both the sink and the processor with alcohol like i always do, and put my little chunk of artic silver on it. I cant imagine any of that to have done aything to processor. Is it possible my Mobo freaked out all of a sudden? anyone had this issue? If this isnt the place to post, please edit it to somewhere else, sorry for the bother but id appreciate the help. I ordered memory from newegg just yesterday before openeing it up so i would like to get it up and running again. Thanks in advance.

ikjadoon

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Weird. Could any cables been disconnected? Monitor cables? I never have opened a laptop, though I've seen someone else open one. Looked mighty difficult compared to a computer, lol. It might be best to post this in the mobile section.

~Ibrahim~