Recreate a page file...

We have a corrupt page file and need to recreate it.

What is the process to do this? Do you simply delete the
pagefile and then reboot and a new pagefile gets
automatically recreated?

Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about recreate page file

    What leads you to this thought? You can't delete it while the OS is running.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Mike" wrote:
    | We have a corrupt page file and need to recreate it.
    |
    | What is the process to do this? Do you simply delete the
    | pagefile and then reboot and a new pagefile gets
    | automatically recreated?
    |
    | Thanks!
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    I am reasonably sure thats it
    "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > We have a corrupt page file and need to recreate it.
    >
    > What is the process to do this? Do you simply delete the
    > pagefile and then reboot and a new pagefile gets
    > automatically recreated?
    >
    > Thanks!
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    > We have a corrupt page file and need to recreate it.

    Cince it is locked while the server is running deleting wouldn't be that
    easy....

    Try:
    [Start] Configuration -> System -> System Properties -> Extended -> Button
    [...options]
    (sorry, german version ;) )
    That's where you can modify the swap file(s).
    Try to create a second one on an other volume, deleting the first (currupt)
    one.
    Then move back the swap file to its original volume...

    Heinz

Pagefile Microsoft Servers Windows