Error msg in the event viewer

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
April 13, 2004 4:10:37 AM

I got this message from the event viewer.
"The device, \Device\Harddisk3\DR10, is not ready for
access yet."

What causes the problem and how do I fixed it?

Please advise a.s.a.p. Thank you very much.

More about : error msg event viewer

Anonymous
April 13, 2004 12:41:35 PM

This article may help.

How to Distinguish a Physical Disk Device from an Event Message
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q159865

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"cc" wrote:
|I got this message from the event viewer.
| "The device, \Device\Harddisk3\DR10, is not ready for
| access yet."
|
| What causes the problem and how do I fixed it?
|
| Please advise a.s.a.p. Thank you very much.
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 6:42:12 PM

That's ID15, and usually if you're running a server without clustering/SAN
then it indicates a hardware failure, either of the drive or the controller.
If you're running clusters then
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259237 may help, if
not then try swopping that disk into another
PC or onto another IDE, see if you can find the problem that way. ID15 isn't
much use in itself as it just confirms Windows can't get low-level driver
access to the hardware - so Windows hasn't a clue why either!

~D~

!