Error msg in the event viewer

I got this message from the event viewer.
"The device, \Device\Harddisk3\DR10, is not ready for
access yet."

What causes the problem and how do I fixed it?

Please advise a.s.a.p. Thank you very much.
2 answers Last reply
More about error event viewer

    This article may help.

    How to Distinguish a Physical Disk Device from an Event Message
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q159865

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "cc" wrote:
    |I got this message from the event viewer.
    | "The device, \Device\Harddisk3\DR10, is not ready for
    | access yet."
    |
    | What causes the problem and how do I fixed it?
    |
    | Please advise a.s.a.p. Thank you very much.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    That's ID15, and usually if you're running a server without clustering/SAN
    then it indicates a hardware failure, either of the drive or the controller.
    If you're running clusters then
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259237 may help, if
    not then try swopping that disk into another
    PC or onto another IDE, see if you can find the problem that way. ID15 isn't
    much use in itself as it just confirms Windows can't get low-level driver
    access to the hardware - so Windows hasn't a clue why either!

    ~D~

    "cc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I got this message from the event viewer.
    > "The device, \Device\Harddisk3\DR10, is not ready for
    > access yet."
    >
    > What causes the problem and how do I fixed it?
    >
    > Please advise a.s.a.p. Thank you very much.

Event Viewer Microsoft Devices Windows