help please

I have windows Xp on my computer and all of a sudden i
can not open any word documents? can anyone help?
4 answers Last reply
More about help please

    Word is an Office application, not a Windows XP application.

    "lindsey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have windows Xp on my computer and all of a sudden i
    > can not open any word documents? can anyone help?

    Try the microsoft.public.word.application.errors newsgroup.
    Good luck.

    "lindsey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have windows Xp on my computer and all of a sudden i
    > can not open any word documents? can anyone help?

    Should still be able to open word documents (.doc) with wordpad.

    Lindsey, could you be a bit more precise with your problem? Is it the files
    themselves, or the program that won't open? Which program?

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    In news:1b8301c4ac23$3d7eced0$a601280a@phx.gbl,
    lindsey <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    >I have windows Xp on my computer and all of a sudden i
    > can not open any word documents? can anyone help?

    Lindsey, please help us to help you. Tell us exactly how you try
    to open them. Do you double click on a Word document? Do you
    start Word and then do File | Open? If you haven't tried it both
    ways, please do and tell exactly what happens when you try each
    way. If you get an error message, please quote it verbatim.

    You say "all of a sudden," so I assume you used to be able to
    open them. What happened since the last time you opened one and
    the first time you found that you couldn't? Did you install
    anything new, or did anything unusual happen?

    Please reply to the newsgroup

Computers Microsoft Windows XP