There are 2 Asterisk books already

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,comp.dcom.telecom.tech (More info?)

The first book has been available for a while and it may be convenient
for those of you outside the US because they offer a downloadable
version.

http://www.signate.com

The newer one was released yesterday. They have an excellent free
chapter about setting up extensions.

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk/

-RFH
2 answers Last reply
More about there asterisk books already
  1. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,comp.dcom.telecom.tech (More info?)

    Ian:

    My posting was targeted to those users who just want some basic PBX and
    SIP functionality. I am sure you don't need those books, and can
    probably write one.

    The vast majority of Asterisk users just want to know the basics and
    those haven't changed in the latest release.

    My points are:

    (1) Wow!, we are becoming a real industry. Two books already! I
    remember how long it took for 'sendmail' to get its first book (not
    coincidentially by O'Really)

    (2) Too many people want to learn Asterisk but won't even spring 40
    lousy bucks to educate themselves on the basics.

    -Ramon
  2. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,comp.dcom.telecom.tech (More info?)

    "Ramon F Herrera" <ramon@conexus.net> wrote in message
    > The first book has been available for a while and it may be convenient
    > for those of you outside the US because they offer a downloadable
    > version.
    >
    > http://www.signate.com
    >
    > The newer one was released yesterday. They have an excellent free
    > chapter about setting up extensions.
    >
    > http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk/
    >
    > -RFH

    Both are "basic" and neither cover the latest release of * which has some
    major changes..

    Also the signate one has not had any good reviews..

    Ian

vpn IP Extension Networking Books