There are 2 Asterisk books already

Last response: in Networking
September 15, 2005 8:27:36 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,comp.dcom.telecom.tech (More info?)

The first book has been available for a while and it may be convenient
for those of you outside the US because they offer a downloadable
version.

http://www.signate.com

The newer one was released yesterday. They have an excellent free
chapter about setting up extensions.

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk/

-RFH

More about : asterisk books

Anonymous
September 15, 2005 9:04:44 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,comp.dcom.telecom.tech (More info?)

Ian:

My posting was targeted to those users who just want some basic PBX and
SIP functionality. I am sure you don't need those books, and can
probably write one.

The vast majority of Asterisk users just want to know the basics and
those haven't changed in the latest release.

My points are:

(1) Wow!, we are becoming a real industry. Two books already! I
remember how long it took for 'sendmail' to get its first book (not
coincidentially by O'Really)

(2) Too many people want to learn Asterisk but won't even spring 40
lousy bucks to educate themselves on the basics.

-Ramon
September 16, 2005 4:42:59 AM

"Ramon F Herrera" <ramon@conexus.net> wrote in message
> The first book has been available for a while and it may be convenient
> for those of you outside the US because they offer a downloadable
> version.
>
> http://www.signate.com
>
> The newer one was released yesterday. They have an excellent free
> chapter about setting up extensions.
>
> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk/
>
> -RFH

Both are "basic" and neither cover the latest release of * which has some
major changes..

Also the signate one has not had any good reviews..

Ian
!