Tablet Display Shipments Top Laptops in October

Status
Not open for further replies.

axiler

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Really isn't hard to believe this, you've got to think of how long good laptops have been around and how long they last before needing a new upgrade. While tablets on the other hand are really hitting it off with the masses, considering things like Windows 8 tablets and iPads.

Abion47

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2012
For the longest time, it has completely baffled me why anyone would want to get a tablet when you can get a much better and more versatile laptop for around the same price. It's sales figures like this that remind me that the vast majority of people aren't power users and get pretty much everything they need out of a computer from a tablet. Kind of humbling, really.

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]Abion47[/nom]For the longest time, it has completely baffled me why anyone would want to get a tablet when you can get a much better and more versatile laptop for around the same price. It's sales figures like this that remind me that the vast majority of people aren't power users and get pretty much everything they need out of a computer from a tablet. Kind of humbling, really.[/citation]
Well, also tablet batteries last usually a lot more than the one of a laptop.
My laptop recently died and I ended up using my tablet for a whole month (toshiba thrive) and recently decided to fix my desktop and use another old laptop my mom gave me. I'm glad to use Windows again, specially 'cause I don't necessarily use only the web and my email, and the Facebook app for android and iOS is so limited, got sick of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.