Mapped Network drives disapearing

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 14, 2004 2:36:59 PM

I have several WinXP workstations that the mapped drives are disappearing
either right after login or in the middle of the day. The workstations are
not losing the users home drive but the others are disappearing. The drives
are mapped with a logon script and a plain net use command. I am not
deleting any drives and not all workstation are having the issue and it is
not tied to specific users it has all been random. Using Win2K servers all
workstations are WinXP. The drives that are disapearing I can get to from
command prompt so windows still thinks that these are mapped but though
explorer or any Windows app I cannot see or get to the drive.

Please if anyone has had this issue let me know how to resolve. I have
worked on this issue for two weeks with no luck.

Thanks in advance

smitto
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 2:48:57 PM

Also I have tried the following and it is still happening.

regsvr32 -i shdocvw.dll

Any ideas

Thanks,

smitto