Sign in with
Your question

Ahhh, what to choose - x2 5000+ or Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

Last response: in CPUs
July 26, 2006 8:37:17 AM

I really need some help deciding which way to go. My current PC is so bad that I can't wait much longer.

Really wanted to go SLI so Asus nforce 590 and AMD would be perfect but with the intel release at the same price im getting really confused?

Do I hold out for the intel 590 release from asus or just go for a single graphics card solution? I also here that at the moment dx10 wont support two cards in seperate slots. I really trying to furture proof this purchase so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

My current list of components of choice are:-

ADA5000CUBOX - AMD AM2 X2 5000+
90-MIB040-GOBAY - ASUS nforce 590 MOBO
TWIN2X2048-6400C4 - Corsair 2GB 6400C4 memory
LN1105 - Hiperpower 580WATT SLI modular PSU
CNPS9500 - AM2 heatsink & fan

XFX 7900GT 520Mhz graphics card - already have purchased last month.

Rgds
Andy
July 26, 2006 8:41:08 AM

http://www.anandtech.com/weblog/default.aspx?bid=282

"E6600 vs. X2 5000+ ($316 vs. $282)

Based on the benchmarks I ran for my Core 2 Duo article, it looks like the E6600 would win this battle hands down. The E6600 costs a bit more, but would beat the 5000+ across the board.

E6400 vs. X2 4600+ ($224 vs. $224)

I'm still waiting on a E6400 to test but if I compare the 4600+ to the E6300 it's hard to declare a clear winner. Given that the E6400 will be faster than the E6300, it's still tough to say if there will be a clear winner - this battle may just end up being a toss up, or more than likely will boil down to street prices and availability.

E6300 vs. X2 4200+ ($183 vs. $175)

Just like the E6400 vs. X2 4600+ battle, it's tough to declare a true winner here. The E6300 pulls ahead in all of the gaming tests, while the 4200+ manages a few wins in the encoding and 3D rendering benchmarks. General application benchmarks generally favor the E6300 over the 4200+ but there are some cases where there's effectively a tie or the 4200+ pulls ahead.

My job would be very easy if that's all there was to it, but the trouble is that I'm not so sure how these price cuts are going to affect availability. With Core 2 Duo there simply aren't going to be many CPUs available initially and thus pricing will probably resemble the extreme ends of some of those Econ 101 supply/demand graphs. The problem on the Athlon 64 X2 side is that AMD is already suffering from limited capacity, and by cutting prices by more than 50% across the board demand isn't really going to go down. "

Watch anadtech :)  No doubt tommorow or soon they will have FULL comparisons down to every detail.
July 26, 2006 9:06:51 AM

thanks for the info about the price comparisons point - it's a clear choice when comparing price perfromance levels. The Intel is a no brainer.

It's the nitty gritty stuff thats really bothering me now:-

- SLI on DX10 and vista.

- decent MOBO for Intel Core 2 Duo

- If I go Intel, should I wait for nforce 5 intel edition or look at another single graphics card solution mobo

- I really liked the nforce 5 approach to wizard based overclocking with programable EPP on memory. Does any other vendor make use of this feature being intruduced on memory?

- blah blah blah
Related resources
July 26, 2006 10:08:55 AM

Welcome to the world of the un-informed... And the world of guessers, crystal ball gazers, etc.

You only mention what you want to get, not what you've already got.

So how about describing where you're at, and what your immediate needs are?

Then you MIGHT get some knowledgeable advice.
July 26, 2006 10:40:15 AM

sli... anything that tells you to get two gpus is useless at the time.

does the 2 gpu's work two times as better than one gpu. if so then sli is good i suppose.
July 26, 2006 10:45:14 AM

i currently have 2 intel systems but i certainly am not an intel mark, what id suggest is you look at the longevity issues with intel. I have a 945 chipset mainboard which in now out of date after only 6 months and the only cpu's i can use on it are the pentium d chips that make my room feel like an oven and its the middle of summer here too. its already been stated AM3 will be compatible with AM2 boards so thats guarantees the chipsets for atleaset 12 months. Id say go with amd as the new chips when released will no doubt be compatible with a board you buy today or run the risk with intel and possible incompatibility with the soon to be released quad core cpus
July 26, 2006 10:45:44 AM

^^ that made NO sense... (dt)

Two cards won't achieve double performance in SLi and it's been mentioned that DX10 won't allow dual card solutions to function.

Go E6600 and keep the single 7900GT, atleast until DX10 arrives.

in response to jock

Where has it been confirmed about AM3 working on AM2 motherboards? Some Core 2 Duo motherboards at the moment already say that they are Quad Core supported. The Gigabyte P965 Quad motherboard does.
July 26, 2006 10:53:46 AM

E6600, single 7900 GT
July 26, 2006 11:07:35 AM

Quote:
^^ that made NO sense... (dt)

Two cards won't achieve double performance in SLi and it's been mentioned that DX10 won't allow dual card solutions to function.

Go E6600 and keep the single 7900GT, atleast until DX10 arrives.

in response to jock

Where has it been confirmed about AM3 working on AM2 motherboards? Some Core 2 Duo motherboards at the moment already say that they are Quad Core supported. The Gigabyte P965 Quad motherboard does.

o, well all i was saying that if two cards did the double of what one card does then get sli

ELse

dont get sli.
July 26, 2006 11:16:04 AM

Sorry guys, here's what i currently have:-

At the moment i have a kacky old P4 3.0 with 1GB memory and crappy mobo and rubbish PSU with 6600 GT AGP.

currently running MCE but will upgrade to Vista when it comes out. I think I will probably run vista beta on a seperate drive until then.

I bought a XFX 7900 GT last month but as I've currently got a AGP mobo i have kept it nice a safe until i can use it.
July 26, 2006 11:55:12 AM

Ditch the old system.

Get an Asus P5W DH motherboard
2GB Corsair or OCZ gold RAM
Core 2 Duo E6600
Antec 500W+ PSU

Stick your 7900GT in it and you will have a very nice gaming PC.
July 26, 2006 11:55:37 AM

Quote:
Sorry guys, here's what i currently have:-

At the moment i have a kacky old P4 3.0 with 1GB memory and crappy mobo and rubbish PSU with 6600 GT AGP.

currently running MCE but will upgrade to Vista when it comes out. I think I will probably run vista beta on a seperate drive until then.

I bought a XFX 7900 GT last month but as I've currently got a AGP mobo i have kept it nice a safe until i can use it.

Oh you poor thing, I have a P4 1.6Ghz, 512Mb of ram, GF2Ti, and I had to cancel my fantastic E6600 unbuilt system because availability changed so much. Now Im going to have to WAIT and I dont want to WAIT and I regret canceling but its probably the right thing to do and Im going to cry constantly and no one cares..... :cry: 

Enough about me, get the E6600, it's going to be better, in all things. The 5000+ is a smaller number after all :wink: But for the price, not much difference, it depends on availability and if you really care about having the best system. Even so, the 5000+ is not readily available right now either.
July 26, 2006 12:11:48 PM

As for now...the 6600 is better. But, choose the AMD setup. Soon AMD will release a Conroe killer. And as we all know, Intel took almost 5 years to beat AMD, so the plataform AM2 is more "future proof".
July 26, 2006 12:15:17 PM

So your saying... buy the inferior product and hope AMD can release a conroe killer?
July 26, 2006 12:16:47 PM

Quote:

NEVER do that again! Pay for something that you cant use?
Buy the whole system at once, and by then, you'll end up paying less for all the components.
July 26, 2006 12:22:47 PM

Quote:
So your saying... buy the inferior product and hope AMD can release a conroe killer?

I've made my point in a clear way. Please read again if you didnt understand at first.
July 26, 2006 12:29:38 PM

Quote:

I've made my point in a clear way. Please read again if you didnt understand at first.

I've re-read it, and there nothing more substantial than a hope or a promise.
July 26, 2006 12:36:42 PM

Quote:

Sorry, maybe english isnt your native language too. But I'll explain the meaning of "future proof" as I've stated: Given the last 5 years where Intel couldnt deliver anything better, and just now is releasing the conroe, the AMD response will be for sure, something to maintain the lead for years to come too. Look at the history of this clash to understand the future of the combat.
July 26, 2006 12:45:40 PM

Quote:
Look at the history of this clash to understand the future of the combat.

Errr Ummm.... what drugs is this guy on?

I don't understand why you people have to support a company, even though there's a better product to get at a reasonable price.

I mean, there is no combat involved in getting/buying your system.
July 26, 2006 12:53:30 PM

ok, so with all the info I have recieved I think it's petty much confirmed a intel e6600 with one graphics card will be better in the short term. Let's face it anything is going to be better than my current setup.

so moving forward, what do you think will be the best choice of mobo and memory for good overclocking potential etc...

Im not a serious overclockers so would like a decent wizard based engine?

Are there any mobos that makes use of the EPP module now on some high end memory dimms? like nforce 5 590 and 570 intel edition?
July 26, 2006 1:08:30 PM

Quote:

Ask your father....he's my dealer.
[/quote]
I mean, there is no combat involved in getting/buying your system.[/quote]
The "combat" ( I've used the word "clash") is between Intel and AMD.
Another person that cant read well. English leassons for english people! :lol: 
July 26, 2006 1:14:36 PM

Quote:

Sorry, maybe english isnt your native language too. But I'll explain the meaning of "future proof" as I've stated: Given the last 5 years where Intel couldnt deliver anything better, and just now is releasing the conroe, the AMD response will be for sure, something to maintain the lead for years to come too. Look at the history of this clash to understand the future of the combat.

Thank you for the explanation. Based on your explanation it would be reasonable to assume AMD will now require 5 years to catch up - you weren't actually clear on that point.

Therefore now please explain and evidence soon AMD will release a Conroe killer. I've got all afternoon so take your time.
July 26, 2006 1:23:26 PM

I doubt it will take 5 years for AMD to take the crown back from Intel (Do you see the future or something? Super netural power?). But it is good for both companies to take a lead once in awhile, very good for the consumer : )

The E6600 pwns the X2 5000 easily, and it also beats the FX-62
July 26, 2006 1:23:36 PM

O RLY?
July 26, 2006 1:24:51 PM

Quote:

Oh.. that was a really mature comment.

Quote:

Heh, so you think your good at english. You can't even quote, or spell. You seem to think its important to summarize 2 companies with violence in your mind. Sounds like you just wanna sound important, rather then giving just an opinion.
July 26, 2006 1:25:41 PM

Quote:
I doubt it will take 5 years for AMD to take the crown back from Intel (Do you see the future or something? Super netural power?). But it is good for both companies to take a lead once in awhile, very good for the consumer : )

The E6600 pwns the X2 5000 easily, and it always beats the FX-62

Don't get me wrong - I completely agree that the whole thing seesaws and no way will it be 5 years. I'm just sick of seeing irrational bias towards one company or another here, and it is easy to pick out the holes in their arguments, normally because they have to make stuff up / speculate and not evidence anything to suit their own argument. Pretty sad really.
July 26, 2006 1:34:13 PM

Quote:

Oh.. that was a really mature comment.

Quote:

Heh, so you think your good at english. You can't even quote, or spell. You seem to think its important to summarize 2 companies with violence in your mind. Sounds like you just wanna sound important, rather then giving just an opinion.

I speak by far, better English than you do my native language ( btw, I doubt you know is Portuguese).
And Grimmy/Granny.... you've double posted the reply so you could edit the "quotes" :lol:  looks like we've all need to lear that ;) 
July 26, 2006 1:41:35 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the explanation. Based on your explanation it would be reasonable to assume AMD will now require 5 years to catch up - you weren't actually clear on that point.

No...It wont take AMD 5 years. The platform AM2 is going to last longer enough to acomodate a match for the conroe.

Quote:
Therefore now please explain and evidence soon AMD will release a Conroe killer. I've got all afternoon so take your time

As for now, AMDs 4x4 is the response.
But who knows the future?
July 26, 2006 1:55:23 PM

Quote:

No...It wont take AMD 5 years. The platform AM2 is going to last longer enough to acomodate a match for the conroe.

Quote:
Therefore now please explain and evidence soon AMD will release a Conroe killer. I've got all afternoon so take your time

Trying to future proof your PC is pointless. Sure AMD was on top, now Intel has came and released a product that is a step better than AMD. According to you soon AMD will release a product better than the Conroe chips. The 4x4 is 2 chips on 1 motherboard thats nothing new. I would rather spend money on something that as of today is the best than save that money for something that might come out sometime. I have nothing bad to say about AMD but as of right now and continuing throught the end of the year the Conroe chips are the ones to get. If you cannot accept this, I am sorry. All the AMD fanboys have been rubbing their CPUs in intels face for along time. Now that Intel has something better you are all in a state of shock. Sorry, it is the nature of business to continue to out do your rivals.
July 26, 2006 1:56:17 PM

Quote:

That must be a dumb respond for Core 2 Duo, 4x4? 2 x FX? wow so damn overpriced, I hope they perform 50% better than the Core 2 for the money of 2 x FX.
July 26, 2006 1:56:20 PM

I can assure you now, that a 4x4 will not be able to beat the Conroe Price per Performance. Sure, if your willing to lay down so much more money for 2 dual core chips, and then shell out the extra money for the mobo, you could beat Intels SINGLE CHIP solution, but thats like saying SLI is better than a single gpu. Either way, I doubt AMD will come out with a solution too soon anyways. No matter how much you hate Intel, you have to admit Intel has so much more power behind it, its still a David and Goliath game.

Anyways, enough of the pointless talk, back to the topic on hand, I would recommend the Asus P5W-DH Deluxe as a single GPU solution

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2797

It got great reviews and should OC well. Memory wise, I would suggest the $200 Corsair XMS PC6400 DDR2 memory:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682...

You can do most of your OC'ing in your bios. If you want to fiddle with your graphics card, you can use RIVATuner since your using NVidia. I haven't done much GPU OC'ing so don't ask me about that.

Oh, and you might want a better cooling solution, look for some decent HSF and whatnot.
July 26, 2006 2:02:40 PM

Quote:

Intel weren't releasing inferior products for 5 years. AMD has had a far superior product in A64, also Althon XP was a good product, but it's not been 5 years with Intel under the cloche. Looking at the AMD roadmap, their official plan for the future, no Conroe killer will be around for quite some time. Also, this doesn’t take into account Intel’s very aggressive roadmap as well.

AM2 maybe AM3 compatible, but seeing as AM2 was just released and is a complete joke compared to 939 (fantastic), with often inferior results and only up to 5% performance gain from the most expensive memory, it still can’t compete with Conroe. Who’s to say their next incarnation will be any better? AMD really dropped the ball with this launch, and put off customers such as myself who were looking for value and performance. If you want to compare recent history, AM2 compared to Conroe releases, things look bad for AMD. But I doubt that many people are naive enough to jump to rash conclusions to count AMD out, as you have counted Intel out.

I was going to get a 939 board and cpu, until I saw AM2 was released, saw how it did nothing but raise the price of the system and waited a month or so for Conroe, which was a wise move. Conroe compatible boards are showing to be compatible with quad-core as well, which is allegedly going to be arriving as early as Christmas. So with both platforms future proof and no real indication from AMD what it’s going to do in the short term, other than lowering prices to compete, there is only one king.

4x4 also does not indicate any substantial gains, with early signals showing a 15% performance increase in games over its current FX-62 line, still not enough to compete with Conroe, not by a very long way. By this time quad core Conroe will be out, if not before as many reliable sources have shown. This information can be found throughout this forum over the past month or so.

For people who want their complete ownage system today, Conroe is the way to go. Price to performance is starting to equal out in some areas but the E6600 is less than half the price of the FX-62, which on stock cooling alone sees a very competitive battle, without the FX-62 pulling away. Consider over clocking of 4GHz on air for Conroe and beyond, the FX-62 shows the ageing technology to be not up to standard.

When AMD start showing us some goodies, I’ll be interested. I’ve seen enough rash, unqualified, unsubstantiated, inconclusive indications about AMD’s future, by it’s fanboys: to know, when people like you who resort to an entirely flame post to make their points, that AMD really does not have anything to back up your claims.

Quote:

Another person that cant read well. English leassons for english people! Laughing

I look forward to the day when fanboys such as yourself, can again, post some real links to show some kick-butt AMD tech that’s on the market. The good news for consumers and the OP is, A64 has been dethroned, long live Conroe, cheaper prices for all and increased competition.
July 26, 2006 2:16:01 PM

As the reply was pointed to me, I'll reply to you:

Quote:
I can assure you now, that a 4x4 will not be able to beat the Conroe Price per Performance.

And I know that too. But it is the official answer by AMD. The other user asked me and it didnt take me long to reply.

Quote:
Sure, if your willing to lay down so much more money for 2 dual core chips, and then shell out the extra money for the mobo, you could beat Intels SINGLE CHIP solution,

You will.

Quote:
but thats like saying SLI is better than a single gpu.

And it is.

Quote:
Either way, I doubt AMD will come out with a solution too soon anyways.

Yes, too soon.

Quote:
No matter how much you hate Intel, you have to admit Intel has so much more power behind it, its still a David and Goliath game.

I dont hate Intel. I've owned in the past their products. I just know that Intel isnt Smart enough when it comes to their product line. They had so many "misses" over the years...hard to be all favored just becouse of one new design. ( the market agree with me on this one, as several post's on this forum confirms INTC losses).

See ya!
July 26, 2006 2:23:31 PM

Quote:
( the market agree with me on this one, as several post's on this forum confirms INTC losses).

LOL you are fuking stupid, the market agrees? since when fourm users control the market? one users can post muti times or create mutiple accounts. Damn go murder your mom for an AMD chip.

Sure you don't hate Intel, but you just love AMD till death that you will slaughter your dad just because he says something bad about AMD.
July 26, 2006 2:27:54 PM

Another dude taking my post to other users, as if it was directed at them...no problem, its a forum right. But lets not forget that my first reply was to the "THREEAMIGOS" question. That person is more interested on at the comments than me.

Quote:
I look forward to the day when fanboys such as yourself, can again, post some real links to show some kick-butt AMD tech that’s on the market. The good news for consumers and the OP is, A64 has been dethroned, long live Conroe, cheaper prices for all and increased competition.

If you are an Intel Fanboy...this must be a great time for you. As for me, I sell computers all day long, most of them are cheap celeron machines, and lately "P4 D's" too.
Intel give me money, so does AMD. Its all about selling points for me.

See ya!
July 26, 2006 2:30:23 PM

Look "DA_BAnig my gansta nick"...

You talk to much about "murder"....seek for help. Now.
July 26, 2006 2:34:22 PM

Quote:
( the market agree with me on this one, as several post's on this forum confirms INTC losses).

LOL you are fuking stupid, the market agrees? since when fourm users control the market? one users can post muti times or create mutiple accounts. Damn go murder your mom for an AMD chip.

Sure you don't hate Intel, but you just love AMD till death that you will slaughter your dad just because he says something bad about AMD.

I have to agree with Da_BAnig. NEO3 is proving himself to be an uneducated AMD fanboy. Fanboys are fine, but uneducated ones are not ok. Anyone with any typing skills can type garbage into a forum. The point everyone is trying to make NEO3 is just cause AMD got caught with thier pants down by Intel it does not mean they are out of the game. They are tyring to point out to you that right now Intel has a better product. As I have said before, if you do not like it dont read the forums.
July 26, 2006 2:38:55 PM

Quote:

Don't front now, you know you gonna do it for AMD. Don't deny, just confess.
July 26, 2006 2:43:44 PM

Quote:
Another dude taking my post to other users, as if it was directed at them...no problem, its a forum right. But lets not forget that my first reply was to the "THREEAMIGOS" question. That person is more interested on at the comments than me.

If you are an Intel Fanboy...this must be a great time for you. As for me, I sell computers all day long, most of them are cheap celeron machines, and lately "P4 D's" too.
Intel give me money, so does AMD. Its all about selling points for me.

See ya!

Correction, not dude, dudette, not fanboy, fangirl. And I'm certainly not a fan of any company, just whats best on the market today. If tomorow, AMD released something twice as quick as Conroe and half the price, I along with most other people in these forums would look at getting it as soon as possible. It's called being an objective, rational consumer, who wants to get the best out of their money.

There are a few hardcore fanboys though, and your post suggested you are an AMD fanboy, which completely negates your oppinions as biased. And you still couldn't get it right, budget Celeron's instead of the amazing Sempron? :roll:
July 26, 2006 2:49:31 PM

Quote:
I really need some help deciding which way to go. My current PC is so bad that I can't wait much longer.

Really wanted to go SLI so Asus nforce 590 and AMD would be perfect but with the intel release at the same price im getting really confused?

Do I hold out for the intel 590 release from asus or just go for a single graphics card solution? I also here that at the moment dx10 wont support two cards in seperate slots. I really trying to furture proof this purchase so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

My current list of components of choice are:-

ADA5000CUBOX - AMD AM2 X2 5000+
90-MIB040-GOBAY - ASUS nforce 590 MOBO
TWIN2X2048-6400C4 - Corsair 2GB 6400C4 memory
LN1105 - Hiperpower 580WATT SLI modular PSU
CNPS9500 - AM2 heatsink & fan

XFX 7900GT 520Mhz graphics card - already have purchased last month.

Rgds
Andy

Good chices. Abit has a 570 SLI board for $129, but with the 590 and SLI RAM you get AUTOMATIC OC. I heard it works pretty good. Both of these chipsmaybe hard to get for a week or so unles you buy a barebones system from Monarch or ABS.

I don't even think Newegg has them right now.
July 26, 2006 2:51:08 PM

Heh guess you can keep the cat in the bag only for so long. To reply to the initial poster I would indeed agree that the Intel 6600 seems like the best choice out there at the moment. Just dpn't forget to factor in the motherboard price as my opinion is that you can save a few bucks on your AMD solution there. (I'm not saying go for or against AMD please! I don't want to get flamed, I'm a canuck, I'm afraid of fire and everything not made of ice!)

Anandtech (Smile) has some good articles on how to build a good Intel Conroe setup. I would definately recomment visiting that site (Oh dear god! Not the flames!!).

As far as the future, short or long term, I have to think AMD has an ace up its sleeve with the ATI acquisition. The decision makers at AMD are not stupid. They proved that by cracking the near monopoly that INTEL had a few years back. I'm not saying that they will take the market forever, but somehow it makes sense for a CPU company to get the knowledge and capabilities of ATI. You guys know as much as I do that the line between CPU and GPU is constantly blurring. Cost and performance wise, AMD might have a point in thinking the market could be re-invented (of sorts).

Peace out!
July 26, 2006 3:00:02 PM

Quote:
AM2 maybe AM3 compatible, but seeing as AM2 was just released and is a complete joke compared to 939 (fantastic), with often inferior results and only up to 5% performance gain from the most expensive memory, it still can’t compete with Conroe. Who’s to say their next incarnation will be any better? AMD really dropped the ball with this launch, and put off customers such as myself who were looking for value and performance. If you want to compare recent history, AM2 compared to Conroe releases, things look bad for AMD. But I doubt that many people are naive enough to jump to rash conclusions to count AMD out, as you have counted Intel out.

AMD never said AM2 was designed to speed up X2. It was just a socket change, though you can get 10-20% with CAS3 RAM @ 667 and higher. The specs on K8L are better than Core 2. Everyone who wants Intel to keep the lead should hope it NEVER COMES OUT.
July 26, 2006 3:32:14 PM

Show me the benchmarks from a reliable source of K8L vs Conroe and reliable sources of when its going to be released. Then we can have a debate about it.
July 26, 2006 3:39:09 PM

Quote:
Show me the benchmarks from a reliable source of K8L vs Conroe and reliable sources of when its going to be released. Then we can have a debate about it.

I doubt he can lol, he always convience people how AMD is better than Intel and he ALWAYS get one star on whatever he posts.
July 26, 2006 4:02:41 PM

Look's who's "Rochin" today....
You seek my reply ( as so many others did before you...poor THREEAMIGOS, all of these people arent helping you at all, but instead, are here talking to me) and here it is:

Quote:
Anyone with any typing skills can type garbage into a forum.

You are included, of course.

Quote:
As I have said before, if you do not like it dont read the forums

Right back at you!! :D 
July 26, 2006 4:08:46 PM

Quote:

That must be a dumb respond for Core 2 Duo, 4x4? 2 x FX? wow so damn overpriced, I hope they perform 50% better than the Core 2 for the money of 2 x FX.

Well if you looked at the link Parrot posted about the 4x4 demo you will see that it wasn't an FX62. It was an engr sample clocked at 2.8GHz.

I think it was a 65nm 5200+.
July 26, 2006 4:08:51 PM

Quote:
From the benchies I saw, the 5000+ and the E6600 were pretty close in perfromance with the E6600 winning most tests.
The E6600 is about $35 more and the motherboards are sorta hit and miss right now with the average cost of about $180, much higher than a comparable AM2 board.
I'd say the AM2 system would save you a little money but the E6600 system will perfrom a little better.

I think you mean the FX-62 (top dog for AMD) performs pretty close to the E6600. And yet E6600 beats the FX-62 on all the benchmarks.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=279...
July 26, 2006 4:15:03 PM

Quote:

I have to ask. Are you really black or just a wannabe?

I'm just wondering because your username seems inappropriate for a tech forum.
July 26, 2006 4:18:47 PM

Quote:

I have to ask. Are you really black or just a wannabe?

I'm just wondering because your username seems inappropriate for a tech forum.

I am not black nor a wannabe. There are no such thing as inappropriate username for a tech forum. Tech forums are full of, stupid ass, fanboylism, dumbass, ignorant. A tech user name won't make you a real tech. And I kindly ask you to stop being an AMD fanboy Mr. BM...
!