Cannot delete usrclass.dat files

Pamela

When I wish to delete the local copy of a profile
directory on Terminal Server, I am often unable to do so
and get an error message "Access deined.....sharing
violation. Source or destination ....in use".
The file is NOT in use by anyone. I have run net file
from the command prompt and it is not listed so
apparently has no lock.
I have deleted all references to the user from the TS
registry.
The only solution so far is to reboot the server, not
very proactical since I have to wait for all users to log
off (sometimes at 10 p.m.).
Any help appreciated.

Hi,

we had this problem recently as well, MS have a util.
called UHP Clean, what it does is unloades all the
profiles that don't unload properly. It installs as a
service and requires no input from yourself.

Get it at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?
familyid=1B286E6D-8912-4E18-B570-
42470E2F3582&displaylang=en