Q re: Win2000 Server and Terminal Services Licenceing.

Hi!
I have installed Win2000 Server on the machine, it is a legal copy, never
installed any where else.
After about four months I have lost an option to connect to this box through
"tsweb" and the remote desktop. When I try to connect with remote desktop it
gives me a message that can not connect due to licenceing problem, tsweb
just does not connect and does not give me any meaninful message.
When I went to Terminal Services Liceceing it has few entries in the expired
licences, but folder with current licences is empty.
Could any one help me to understadn this problem?

If you would like to cc me on my email, here it is:
art underscore kru at hotmail dot com

Thanks.
Art.

"art" <art_kruYYY@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I have installed Win2000 Server on the machine, it is a legal copy, never
> installed any where else.
> After about four months I have lost an option to connect to this box
through
> "tsweb" and the remote desktop. When I try to connect with remote desktop
it
> gives me a message that can not connect due to licenceing problem, tsweb
> just does not connect and does not give me any meaninful message.
> When I went to Terminal Services Liceceing it has few entries in the
expired
> licences, but folder with current licences is empty.
> Could any one help me to understadn this problem?
>
> If you would like to cc me on my email, here it is:
> art underscore kru at hotmail dot com

Art, Terminal Services licensing is different from W2K Server licensing.

It sounds like you have set up your server to run in Application mode. When
you do this you get a few temporary licenses which expire after a while.

You will need to follow the instructions in Terminal Services Licensing to
obtain new licenses. AFAIK, there is no cost associated with this.

If don't want to do this, you can switch to Remote Admin mode and you should
be able to connect again.

HTH,
Cameron:)

Ty, will do.