MSbackup ERROR The requested media is not blank

I have 3 hot swapable hard drives I use for back up. I
would like to use MSbackup configured to perform a daily
differencial back up set to append, and weekly
differencial set to replace the daily diff append file,
and weekly normal backup.

I copied these three backup files and directories to all
three hot swapable drives and then set up schedule for
each backup; daily diff append, weekly diff replace,
weekly normal.

When I swap the drives I recieve the following message
when the replace backups are run. "The requested media is
not blank, the file is from another application. Do you
want to proceed anyway?" How can I automate or scripted
the backup so that this dialoge box will alway choose yes?

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 01:33:41 -0700, "Dan LJ"

>I have 3 hot swapable hard drives I use for back up. I
>would like to use MSbackup configured to perform a daily
>differencial back up set to append, and weekly
>differencial set to replace the daily diff append file,
>and weekly normal backup.
>
>I copied these three backup files and directories to all
>three hot swapable drives and then set up schedule for
>each backup; daily diff append, weekly diff replace,
>weekly normal.
>
>When I swap the drives I recieve the following message
>when the replace backups are run. "The requested media is
>not blank, the file is from another application. Do you
>want to proceed anyway?" How can I automate or scripted
>the backup so that this dialoge box will alway choose yes?

Place the replace backup in a batch files and have the batch
delete the .bkf files before the backup starts.

See tip 2265 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.