Dell 1600n reset password

Dell has been no help in resolving this issue...

Have a Dell 1600n printer. Can access the basic settings for review
only using a web browser. However, any attempt to change settings
requests the password. The username is the default admin, but I have
no idea what the password is (I got stuck as the support person for
this printer - person who set the password is no longer here).

I've updated the firmware using a usb connection, but password remains.

Suggestions??

Kindly,
Ken

bitsmt

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Bump.

How sad is it that this still hasn't been answered.

The default password seems to be that there isn't any. However, if it is asking then someone put one in.

I can't figure out what it is on mine either after I changed it...prob a typo.

Now I need to reset it.

Anyone know how to reset the password on a DELL 1600n Laser Multipage printer?