Adding 2000 server to an NT4 Domain

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have set up a LAN with using NT4 as the PDC. I now wish to add another machine, with 2000 server, to the existing NT4 domain. I will eventually make the 2000 machine the PDC but initially am just trying to connect it to the domain. But I cant get the 2000 machine to join this domain, ive tried runnin DCPROMO aswell but i get an error stating the domain is not an AD.
Any ideas how, if this is possible, to add the 2000 machine to the current NT domain?

Many thanks

This machine can only be a member server and you cannot run dcpromo to make
it a domain controller because there is no Active Directory yet. Win2k/2k3
machine cannot be domain controllers in a NT4 domain. You will have to
migrate you domain to an Active Directory domain before this machine can be
a domain controller.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+