Question about canon cartridge failure

I've read that the fiber filler in Canon cartridges fails after a number
of refills. What are the signs of this failure? I have some spare, empty
cartridges, but what do I look for as signs the old cartridge has seen
it's last days? These are BCI-6 tanks, if that matters. Thanks for any
info.

I don't replace them unless the bottom seal on the tank starts leaking.

"Irwin Peckinloomer" <semimoto@spamforYahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've read that the fiber filler in Canon cartridges fails after a number
> of refills. What are the signs of this failure? I have some spare, empty
> cartridges, but what do I look for as signs the old cartridge has seen
> it's last days? These are BCI-6 tanks, if that matters. Thanks for any
> info.

Check this site out it has a lot of info about refilling Canon
cartridges.
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

If they are dried out and cake like then refill them and use them in
your printer.

Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:

>I've read that the fiber filler in Canon cartridges fails after a number
>of refills. What are the signs of this failure? I have some spare, empty
>cartridges, but what do I look for as signs the old cartridge has seen
>it's last days? These are BCI-6 tanks, if that matters. Thanks for any
>info.

BURT

> If they are dried out and cake like then refill them and use them in your
> printer.

You have now gone to purposeful misinformation - probably the meanest post
I've seen from you (and that includes your Nazi salute and your inferences
about the fidelity of several of our wives.) Irwin - You can usually refill
carts if you avoid running them down any further than 3/4 empty in the
reservior area. Old carts that have been sitting around will usually not
work after refilling. When you do refill you must either install the cart
immediately after you are sure that the exit port is not dripping ink, or
you should seal the exit port and air vent for storage until you use it. As
someone else answered, to to the Nifty Stuff site and also Neil Slade's site
for great information.

> Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:
>
>>I've read that the fiber filler in Canon cartridges fails after a number
>>of refills. What are the signs of this failure? I have some spare, empty
>>cartridges, but what do I look for as signs the old cartridge has seen
>>it's last days? These are BCI-6 tanks, if that matters. Thanks for any
>>info.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Burt wrote:

> "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>If they are dried out and cake like then refill them and use them in your
>>printer.
>

> You have now gone to purposeful misinformation - probably the meanest post
> I've seen from you (and that includes your Nazi salute and your inferences
> about the fidelity of several of our wives.) Irwin - You can usually refill
> carts if you avoid running them down any further than 3/4 empty in the
> reservior area. Old carts that have been sitting around will usually not
> work after refilling. When you do refill you must either install the cart
> immediately after you are sure that the exit port is not dripping ink, or
> you should seal the exit port and air vent for storage until you use it. As
> someone else answered, to to the Nifty Stuff site and also Neil Slade's site
> for great information.
>
>>Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:
>>

>>>I've read that the fiber filler in Canon cartridges fails after a number
>>>of refills. What are the signs of this failure? I have some spare, empty
>>>cartridges, but what do I look for as signs the old cartridge has seen
>>>it's last days? These are BCI-6 tanks, if that matters. Thanks for any
>>>info.

Dispensing misinformation and not being able to comprehend or properly
use one's own native language is a sure sign of either sheer stupidity,
drug use or possibly both.
Frank

Burt wrote:

>>If they are dried out and cake like then refill them and use them in your
>>printer.
>>

>You have now gone to purposeful misinformation - probably the meanest post
>I've seen from you (and that includes your Nazi salute and your inferences
>about the fidelity of several of our wives.)

:-D :-D :p

> Irwin - You can usually refill
>carts if you avoid running them down any further than 3/4 empty in the
>reservior area.

Maybe you should do the refilling on your new carpets. Many NG
AfterMarket Clubbers claim they never spill a drop.

Frank wrote:

> Burt wrote:
>
>> "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> If they are dried out and cake like then refill them and use them in
>>> your printer.
>>

>> You have now gone to purposeful misinformation - probably the meanest
>> post I've seen from you (and that includes your Nazi salute and your
>> inferences about the fidelity of several of our wives.) Irwin - You
>> can usually refill carts if you avoid running them down any further
>> than 3/4 empty in the reservior area. Old carts that have been
>> sitting around will usually not work after refilling. When you do
>> refill you must either install the cart immediately after you are
>> sure that the exit port is not dripping ink, or you should seal the
>> exit port and air vent for storage until you use it. As someone else
>> answered, to to the Nifty Stuff site and also Neil Slade's site for
>> great information.

> Dispensing misinformation and not being able to comprehend or properly
> use one's own native language is a sure sign of either sheer
> stupidity, drug use or possibly both.
> Frank

Oh

The signs to look for are either inadequate ink flow which will show up as
banding and unacceptable color casts or leakage from the cart. Once a
cartridge has dried out the sponge material can deteriorate. Refilling
before the cartridge is empty is the best insurance against cartridge
failure. FWIW, I'm still using some BCI-6's that are three years old and
have been refilled many, many times.

Ron

"Irwin Peckinloomer" <semimoto@spamforYahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've read that the fiber filler in Canon cartridges fails after a number
> of refills. What are the signs of this failure? I have some spare, empty
> cartridges, but what do I look for as signs the old cartridge has seen
> it's last days? These are BCI-6 tanks, if that matters. Thanks for any
> info.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Ron Cohen wrote:
> The signs to look for are either inadequate ink flow which will show up as
> banding and unacceptable color casts or leakage from the cart. Once a
> cartridge has dried out the sponge material can deteriorate. Refilling
> before the cartridge is empty is the best insurance against cartridge
> failure. FWIW, I'm still using some BCI-6's that are three years old and
> have been refilled many, many times.
>
> Ron
>
> "Irwin Peckinloomer" <semimoto@spamforYahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>I've read that the fiber filler in Canon cartridges fails after a number
>>of refills. What are the signs of this failure? I have some spare, empty
>>cartridges, but what do I look for as signs the old cartridge has seen
>>it's last days? These are BCI-6 tanks, if that matters. Thanks for any
>>info.

Exactly the way to go Ron. I always refill before completely empty and
I've never, in 9 years, run into any problems.
Frank

Ron Cohen wrote:

>The signs to look for are either inadequate ink flow which will show up as
>banding and unacceptable color casts or leakage from the cart. Once a
>cartridge has dried out the sponge material can deteriorate. Refilling
>before the cartridge is empty is the best insurance against cartridge
>failure.

WRONG AGAIN. THE BEST INSURANCE AGAINST CARTRIDGE FAILURE IS TO REPLACE
THE EMPTY CARTRIDGE WITH A NEW GENUINE CANON BCI6 CARTRIDGE WHEN THE
DRIVER TELLS YOU TO. IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE ME CALL CANON TECHNICAL
SUPPORT. =-O

> Ron Cohen wrote:
>
>>The signs to look for are either inadequate ink flow which will show
>>up as banding and unacceptable color casts or leakage from the cart.
>>Once a cartridge has dried out the sponge material can deteriorate.
>>Refilling before the cartridge is empty is the best insurance against
>>cartridge failure.
>>

> WRONG AGAIN. THE BEST INSURANCE AGAINST CARTRIDGE FAILURE IS TO
> REPLACE THE EMPTY CARTRIDGE WITH A NEW GENUINE CANON BCI6 CARTRIDGE
> WHEN THE DRIVER TELLS YOU TO. IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE ME CALL CANON
> TECHNICAL SUPPORT.

I knew the stooge worked for Canon!!! Only a paid Canon employee would
spend all day in this newsgroup urging people to buy only Canon ink and
the ip4000 printer. Measekite's a 100% card carrying Canon stooge,
folks!!!!

BURT

> Burt wrote:
>
>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>If they are dried out and cake like then refill them and use them in your
>>>printer.
>>>

>>You have now gone to purposeful misinformation - probably the meanest post
>>I've seen from you (and that includes your Nazi salute and your inferences
>>about the fidelity of several of our wives.)
>
> :-D :-D :p
>
>> Irwin - You can usually refill carts if you avoid running them down any
>> further than 3/4 empty in the reservior area.
>
> Maybe you should do the refilling on your new carpets. Many NG
> AfterMarket Clubbers claim they never spill a drop.

As a matter of fact, I refill on my desk in a room with a beautiful wool
berber beige carpet. I put a plastic container on the desk, over which I do
the refilling. I do spill a drop or two in the container, but less than you
probably spill after a few drinks. Thanks, however, for the suggestion but
that's what I do already.

>>Old carts that have been sitting around will usually not work after
>>refilling. When you do refill you must either install the cart
>>immediately after you are sure that the exit port is not dripping ink, or
>>you should seal the exit port and air vent for storage until you use it.
>>As someone else answered, to to the Nifty Stuff site and also Neil Slade's
>>site for great information.

BURT

> Ron Cohen wrote:
>
>>The signs to look for are either inadequate ink flow which will show up as
>>banding and unacceptable color casts or leakage from the cart. Once a
>>cartridge has dried out the sponge material can deteriorate. Refilling
>>before the cartridge is empty is the best insurance against cartridge
>>failure.
>>

> WRONG AGAIN. THE BEST INSURANCE AGAINST CARTRIDGE FAILURE IS TO REPLACE
> THE EMPTY CARTRIDGE WITH A NEW GENUINE CANON BCI6 CARTRIDGE WHEN THE
> DRIVER TELLS YOU TO. IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE ME CALL CANON TECHNICAL
> SUPPORT. =-O

Let me understand this magnificent piece of reasoning. I should call Canon
Tech support to ask their opinion about using third party inks!
Brilliant~!!!!! Now what incentive might they have for insisting that I
should only use their inks? Certainly not a profit motive.

Of course your suggestion is much more believable when you type all CAPS.
Akin to the child shouting to get his way. Are you stamping your feet and
throwing a tantrum while you his the caps lock button? I'm delighted that
you insist on using genuine Canon BCI6 carts as you support the continuation
of companies selling printers cheap to later reap the profits on their
overpriced inks.

Time to go back and read all of Ron Cohen's posts about his many years of
positive PERSONAL EXPERIECE (pardon the shouting) with third party inks.
Hopefully others will disregard you diatribe when they understand that you
speak on this issue with absolutely no experience with these products.

>> FWIW, I'm still using some BCI-6's that are three years old and have been
>> refilled many, many times.
>>
>>Ron
>>
>>"Irwin Peckinloomer" <semimoto@spamforYahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I've read that the fiber filler in Canon cartridges fails after a number
>>>of refills. What are the signs of this failure? I have some spare, empty
>>>cartridges, but what do I look for as signs the old cartridge has seen
>>>it's last days? These are BCI-6 tanks, if that matters. Thanks for any
>>>info.

> Ron Cohen wrote:
>
>>The signs to look for are either inadequate ink flow which will show up as
>>banding and unacceptable color casts or leakage from the cart. Once a
>>cartridge has dried out the sponge material can deteriorate. Refilling
>>before the cartridge is empty is the best insurance against cartridge
>>failure.

> WRONG AGAIN. THE BEST INSURANCE AGAINST CARTRIDGE FAILURE IS TO REPLACE
> THE EMPTY CARTRIDGE WITH A NEW GENUINE CANON BCI6 CARTRIDGE WHEN THE
> DRIVER TELLS YOU TO. IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE ME CALL CANON TECHNICAL
> SUPPORT. =-O

Another one of Measekite's absolutely inane responses - a response from a
person who never has attempted refilling. Let's see, to get an unbiased
opinion on cartridge failure, one is supposed to call Canon's tech support
line to inquire about third party cartridges or refilling. What would you
expect the representative to say without losing his job. Of course they will
say to use only OEM Canon cartridges. I guess the next time he needs advice
on which computer to buy, he will call up HP and ask them if he should get
either a Dell or Gateway. Based on his logic I need to call Comcast to
inquire which is better - cable or dish. Guess which answer I'd get. I just
don't understand the love affair he/she/it has with talking to the salesmen
for the companies and believing everything they tell him is 100% true.
Ron

>> FWIW, I'm still using some BCI-6's that are three years old and have been
>> refilled many, many times.
>>
>>Ron
>>
>>"Irwin Peckinloomer" <semimoto@spamforYahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I've read that the fiber filler in Canon cartridges fails after a number
>>>of refills. What are the signs of this failure? I have some spare, empty
>>>cartridges, but what do I look for as signs the old cartridge has seen
>>>it's last days? These are BCI-6 tanks, if that matters. Thanks for any
>>>info.

John, you've gotta be wrong on that one. <vbg>
Why?
#1 Even Canon marketing wouldn't slither down so low as to use a creature
like Measekite to be a shill for them.
#2 We know he doesn't have a job since no employer could put up with him.
Can anyone spell sexual harassment lawsuit?
#3 He doesn't have enough technical ability to provide accurate answers to
basic questions.
#4 California has laws against underage workers.
#5 His mommy wouldn't let him out of the basement long enough to go to a
real job.
#6 He's definitely a stooge, but that by inference also brings in Curly, Moe
and Larry. Even those guys knew more about inkjet printers than Measekite
and they were all deceased prior to their being any inkjets.

Ron

Burt wrote:

>>Ron Cohen wrote:
>>

>>>The signs to look for are either inadequate ink flow which will show up as
>>>banding and unacceptable color casts or leakage from the cart. Once a
>>>cartridge has dried out the sponge material can deteriorate. Refilling
>>>before the cartridge is empty is the best insurance against cartridge
>>>failure.
>>>

>>WRONG AGAIN. THE BEST INSURANCE AGAINST CARTRIDGE FAILURE IS TO REPLACE
>>THE EMPTY CARTRIDGE WITH A NEW GENUINE CANON BCI6 CARTRIDGE WHEN THE
>>DRIVER TELLS YOU TO. IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE ME CALL CANON TECHNICAL
>>SUPPORT. =-O
>>

>Let me understand this magnificent piece of reasoning. I should call Canon
>Tech support to ask their opinion about using third party inks!
>Brilliant~!!!!! Now what incentive might they have for insisting that I
>should only use their inks? Certainly not a profit motive.
>
>Of course your suggestion is much more believable when you type all CAPS.
>Akin to the child shouting to get his way. Are you stamping your feet and
>throwing a tantrum while you his the caps lock button? I'm delighted that
>you insist on using genuine Canon BCI6 carts as you support the continuation
>of companies selling printers cheap to later reap the profits on their
>overpriced inks.
>
>Time to go back and read all of Ron Cohen's posts about his many years of
>positive PERSONAL EXPERIECE (pardon the shouting) with third party inks.
>Hopefully others will disregard you diatribe when they understand that you
>speak on this issue with absolutely no experience with these products.

Thats what you think. They all know that all the 3rd party noise comes
from under a dozen card carrying members of the AfterMarket Club where
you are the InkMaster.

Ron Cohen wrote:

>John, you've gotta be wrong on that one. <vbg>
>Why?
>#1 Even Canon marketing wouldn't slither down so low as to use a creature
>like Measekite to be a shill for them.
>#2 We know he doesn't have a job since no employer could put up with him.

:p :p :p ;-) ;-) :-* :-* :-*

>Can anyone spell sexual harassment lawsuit?
>#3 He doesn't have enough technical ability to provide accurate answers to
>basic questions.
>#4 California has laws against underage workers.
>#5 His mommy wouldn't let him out of the basement long enough to go to a
>real job.
>#6 He's definitely a stooge, but that by inference also brings in Curly, Moe
>and Larry. Even those guys knew more about inkjet printers than Measekite
>and they were all deceased prior to their being any inkjets.
>
>Ron

Just cause your head comes to a point don't think your sharp.

measekite wrote:

> Ron Cohen wrote:
>
>> The signs to look for are either inadequate ink flow which will show
>> up as banding and unacceptable color casts or leakage from the cart.
>> Once a cartridge has dried out the sponge material can deteriorate.
>> Refilling before the cartridge is empty is the best insurance against
>> cartridge failure.
>>

> WRONG AGAIN. THE BEST INSURANCE AGAINST CARTRIDGE FAILURE IS TO REPLACE
> THE EMPTY CARTRIDGE WITH A NEW GENUINE CANON BCI6 CARTRIDGE WHEN THE
> DRIVER TELLS YOU TO. IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE ME CALL CANON TECHNICAL
> SUPPORT. =-O

My sister came over yesterday with a bag cartridges for refilling.

It was a real difficult decision: listen to OEMeasekite and spend over
$200 on new OEM cartridges or simply inject $8 worth of ink in her old
ones. We went for the latter.

She just saved over $200 by refilling 4 Canon i850 cartridges and 2 HP
carts. The money saved is what the current Canon iP4000 sells for here.
That's right, one refilling of two printers is equivalent in money saved
to the price of a new iP4000 printer. Yeah, it's a real difficult decision.

-Taliesyn

Thanks for an informative and clear reply. Exactly the information I was
looking for.
Of course, I also got the non-information I expected, from the usual
non-source. Since I don't look for birth control info from the Vatican,
or investment advice from street people, I know who to ignore.
For the benefit of Mr. Measekite (almost a Beatles title there!), the
next Canon brand cartridges I get will come with the new printer that I
will have saved enough to buy by refilling.
Thanks to all for the info! (The rest of you, that is.)

In article <E6Nke.1043$3D6.976@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>, d+r+c+0+2+3
@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet says...
> The signs to look for are either inadequate ink flow which will show up as
> banding and unacceptable color casts or leakage from the cart. Once a
> cartridge has dried out the sponge material can deteriorate. Refilling
> before the cartridge is empty is the best insurance against cartridge
> failure. FWIW, I'm still using some BCI-6's that are three years old and
> have been refilled many, many times.
>
> Ron
>
> "Irwin Peckinloomer" <semimoto@spamforYahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I've read that the fiber filler in Canon cartridges fails after a number
> > of refills. What are the signs of this failure? I have some spare, empty
> > cartridges, but what do I look for as signs the old cartridge has seen
> > it's last days? These are BCI-6 tanks, if that matters. Thanks for any
> > info.

Welcome aboard. Glad I could help. Here is a troll free site you might want
to join. Lots of discussion on refilling and Canon printers and no
intentionally misleading and profane language. http://www.nifty-stuff.com/

Ron